Author Topic: Our other animals.  (Read 1593 times)

DWFarms

• Mega Poster
    • http://www.freewebs.com/doinwonders/
Our other animals.
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »
The horse is my sons tho I am unsure how much longer we will have him. He isn't being rode. His name is Cowboy. He loves being around cattle. He will walk along behind them acting like he is herding them tho there is no ears being pinned or what not. I believe he was either use on a working farm or has some major instincts going on. He does not like to be separated from them. He is 11 years old.

The 2nd picture is of our steer Steve. Pigging out at dinner time. Normally his head doesn't come out of that bucket until he has ate it all. You can just tell he is starved to death.

We have two other cows. Both are heifers.

One just turned a year old and we plan on having her AI'd in March. She is a full blood Jersey. I am going to attempt milking, making butter (mom is begging to help on the butter she really wants some fresh home churned sweet cream butter), cream, buttermilkl, icecream and having our own fresh milk. If I get really brave, I may even try some cheese. Lucy is very tame and can be lead as well as handled anywhere at anytime. She also has a strong mothering instinct even as a young heifer she was trying to care for the other two when they arrived. I really love milking goats and this is something I have always wanted to try. I am super excited to have her and can't wait to see what I can do in our kitchen.

Our 2nd heifer is a full blooded Hereford named Belle. She was a field cow but through much handling we have somewhat gotten her to lead and let us pat and scratch her without feed. But with feed, the deal is sealed we can do just about anything.

I will be adding photos of the Jersey and Hereford when weather permits.
Stephanie
LaMancha Lover

God Bless!

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Our other animals.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »
Really pretty.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:36:02 AM »
 :whoohoo:  Your horse is so pretty and that steer is adorable!
Sandie                                             North Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

Denverro

• New to fourm -0- posts
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 05:12:35 AM »
It's a very beautiful horse. I want to see more pictures.