Author Topic: HATCHING!!!!  (Read 1866 times)

Kayla

• Cajun:)
    • Dixie Dairy
HATCHING!!!!
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:09:24 AM »
WOO HOO!  I checked my eggies last night before I went to bed, and I had 4 little heads looking at me still in the eggs.  This morning 9 of the 10 were poking out.  They can take up to 48hours to actually come out, so I am very excited to see what they are when they come out!!  Daddy snake was a gray color, and mommy was bright red.  Most likely will take after mommy(normal is dominant) but hoping for a really nice snake in that group!  :)  All about to be for sale!  Anyone interested?
Anthony and Nathan's mommy. :)  3 cats, 20 snakes + eggs, and Nigerians Athena, Holly, Cajun, Angel, Jubilee, and Mariposa!

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Re: HATCHING!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:16:54 AM »
How can you tell the conformation of a snake to determine if it is a keeper?   :confused:
Sandie                                             North Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:26:33 PM »
Easy, the look on my moms face say NONE can stay pretty easy...   :lmao3:

You go by the pattern, brightness of color, and build.  Some snakes have kinks in them, from being in an egg too long, or from having too high temps.  A kink can cause egg binding, so would be pet quality only... those you would sell.  The cleanest pattern, with brightest color and no kinks would be best. :)  But, none of these guys will be keepers  :fit: :bawling:
Anthony and Nathan's mommy. :)  3 cats, 20 snakes + eggs, and Nigerians Athena, Holly, Cajun, Angel, Jubilee, and Mariposa!

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 10:50:58 PM »
first baby finally came out of the egg:)

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »
Dang, those must be really big eggs.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »
Eggs were maybe and inch  long, cm wide, shaped like a tic tac. lol.  The babies are about 6 inches or less, and as skinny or skinnier than a pencil. 

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 06:26:20 PM »
And born with teeth! 
Sandie                                             North Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 11:53:08 AM »
Yes, they have tiny little teeth.  They have one egg tooth that falls off.  the teeth in their mouth are so tiny, they dont hurt when u get bit tho.  (I have 3 that have bitten me already.  The girls are apparently born pretty aggressive.  :lmao3: )