Author Topic: My slithery friends  (Read 5804 times)

Kayla

• Cajun:)
    • Dixie Dairy
My slithery friends
« on: March 01, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »
I just wanted to introduce everyone to my lovely snake collection.  The first couple of pictures are my breeding pair.  She is due to lay eggs in the next week or so... so if there is anyone out there who LIKES corn snakes, I may have some available soon!  I have 20(ish) corn snakes, of a wide variety of colors and patterns. 
Dont mean to freak anybody out who is terrified of them...  Just showing off my babies.

Does any one else have any reptiles???
Anthony and Nathan's mommy. :)  3 cats, 20 snakes + eggs, and Nigerians Athena, Holly, Cajun, Angel, Jubilee, and Mariposa!

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Re: My slithery friends
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »
 :gaah: :flamethrow: :smily323:  Only kidding, just happy they aren't here. 
Sandie                                             North Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:43:15 PM »
The are beautiful, can't say that I would want them in my house (omg if they got loose) but the are beautiful none the less. Thanks for sharing.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Mya

• Mega Poster
  • Ponton Farms CS Tuck
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 08:06:55 PM »
You should have heard her little sister when she found an escapee in her closet!
Misty~Ponton Farm
North Mississippi

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 08:34:11 PM »
 :lmao3: I can only imagine, I like snakes and lizards, but finding one loose in the house I'm afraid would result in a trip to the ER.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »
 :scream:  Kayla, I'm with Nic, with one exception...............I'm deathly afraid of snakes.  I keep trying to get over it by "exposure therapy" - standing in front of the snake cages at PetSmart, etc., and trying not to feel revulsion. And fear, LOTSA fear.

But I'll be the first to admit your snakes are actually beautifully colored & marked.  And I don't feel threatened b/c they're at YOUR house, and you live way far away from me!  It's the ones loose outside around MY home that terrify me!
The ones that will soon be responding to the sun's incraesing warmth, and making their presence known.

But yours are pretty.  Honest.
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

When you come to Christ, you need to give Him everything you are and especially everything you are not.

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 11:02:50 PM »
Thanks everyone :)  I love my little babies!  We have had many escape accidents... they USUALLY show up pretty quickly.  There were two that got loose at our other house that never came back, so the people who bought it may be very surprised one day....

Doreen, dont be afraid!  They eat the mice around your barn, and rat snakes/ corn snakes  actually eat poisonous snakes too!  So, if you have any of those around, dont be afraid or kill them!  They are actually helping you out, and when the mice and poisonous snakes are gone, they will move away!    I can mail you one to help get over you fears!

Anthony and Nathan's mommy. :)  3 cats, 20 snakes + eggs, and Nigerians Athena, Holly, Cajun, Angel, Jubilee, and Mariposa!

RoyRooster

• New to fourm -0- posts
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »
Nice! I used to have a pueblan milk snake several years ago. Right now, I just keep and breed crested geckos.

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 04:44:26 PM »
 :clap:
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »
Awww... very cute crestie!!

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »
Pretty little gecko!
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

Amy Goatress

• Mega Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 02:03:16 AM »
Nice gecko, never had any reptiles while growing up.

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 12:02:11 PM »
Everyone needs a reptile!  i raise snakes, RoyRooster raises geckos... pick one!! lol.

Amy Goatress

• Mega Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »
Really, don't need any reptiles here, my Dad wouldn't allow it, I still live with my parent's and we don't need to add anymore pets here!

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »
Hard to believe, but as much as I hate snakes, I think lizards are cool!  Would love to have a chameleon or one of those giant iguanas!!!!!!!
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

When you come to Christ, you need to give Him everything you are and especially everything you are not.

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »
Okay, Kayla, Ms. Snake Expert, hubby killed a black snake with white underbody today in our carport behind the Bar-B-Q grill.  He thought it was a black racer, but when he looked it up, there were
no pictures showing or descriptions of a black racer having a white belly.  What kind of snake would you think it was?
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 11:57:52 PM »
A living one!   :lmao3: :lmao3: :hehe: :lol3:

:s2:, Kayla, and any other members who like them.............I just couldn't resist!
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 07:30:04 AM »
Doreen, that's exactly my thoughts.   :lmao3:
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 11:17:44 AM »
Did it have any pattern on it or was it just a solid black?  Was belly solid white or were there any checkers on it?  A black rat snake possibly, but they normally have a pattern that is just kinda faded when they get big.   A King snake maybe... they come in a huge variety of colors. 

I have no idea about the poisonous kinds of snakes that it could be... i avoid those.  So my best guess is rat snake or king snake.  Black racers are super shiny, and I think solid black... not sure about the belly.    Can you post a picture? or do you not want to get that close even to a dead one :lmao3:

Amy Goatress

• Mega Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 11:21:10 AM »
I googled black snakes with white bellies in google images.  It could be a black rat snake, King snake or a white-bellied blind snake.

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »
Black rat snakes would be larger and "chunkier". The black racer is very skinny, and kinda ribbon like.  I posted a couple pics.  First is the rat, next is racer.  How big was the one you found?

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »
If his head is not chopped up to bad, post a picture of his head. That is an easy way to tell what kind he was.  He also could have been an eastern hognose, but you can tell that easy if his nose was kinda flipped up a little bit.  Water snakes can be black with yellowish white belly... they are shaped like poisonous snakes, but are harmless.   I need some more details!!  lol.

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »
We know it wasn't a poisonous snake.  After looking at the pictures, he is almost positive it was a black racer.  It was more aggressive than any king snake he's seen and started toward hubby a couple of times before he died.  .  Fortunately, he tossed it over
the pasture fence and I ain't goin' huntin' it.   :lol3:
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »
None of your LGDs like to fetch, do they?  Can you just see Sandie when she comes out to the carport & finds the thing back?

:scream: :sw: "AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHH!! - back from the dead......ZOMBIE snake!!"
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
No, no, no, Doreen.  He knew better than that!  He tossed it over into the neighbors cow pasture.   :lmao3:
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 03:09:03 PM »
 Hey - cows can fetch, too, ya know.  Remember BABE, the sheep-herdin' pig?  Why not snake-fetching cows?  People are always saying that animals are a lot smarter than we give them credit for............
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 03:29:01 PM »
Those cows better keep 'em on their side.   :flamethrow:
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

Amy Goatress

• Mega Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »
Haha Sandie, anyways our cats kill snakes and then eat them though.

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 08:43:51 PM »
 :lmao3:   

My cat kills snakes too.  Unfortunately she ate one of my pet boas one time.  She watched me feed them, and I usually had her an extra mouse that she could eat.  One particular feeding, I didnt have any to share, so she got in the tank, killed the snake, and ate the mouse right out of him... along with most of his mid-section.  She sure showed me...  better have a mouse for the kitty too! :hehe:  (why she didnt just hunt them, i'm not sure!)

Amy Goatress

• Mega Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 02:45:28 AM »
Oh my!  No indoor pets here, they're all outdoor/barn animals.