Author Topic: Any Endurance Riders Here?  (Read 6596 times)

KGWFARMS

• Mega Poster
  • KGW Farms I'm In The Spotlight
    • KGW Farms
Any Endurance Riders Here?
« on: January 19, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
Are there any endurance riders on this site? My husband and I both ride. He does mostly 50s and 100s where I do mostly limited distance (25-35) due to my bad leg (which is hopefully going to be fixed soon!).
Kristy Worthington
KGW FARMS
PO Box 90
Scales Mound, IL
(815)541-7698
kgwfarms@wildblue.net
www.kgwfarms.com

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Any Endurance Riders Here?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:22:23 PM »
 :omg: My days of 100 miles in 2 days are so over, used to but not now.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

KGWFARMS

• Mega Poster
    • KGW Farms
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:29:25 PM »
My husband does ONE-DAY 100s!!!!! He usually does a hundred in 10-12 hours, sometimes faster! He is actually a ranked rider in the FEI/USEF endurance world and is trying to earn a spot on the USA for World Equestrian Games being held in Kentucky this year!

You used to ride 2-day 100s? As CTR? With AERC?
Kristy Worthington
KGW FARMS
PO Box 90
Scales Mound, IL
(815)541-7698
kgwfarms@wildblue.net
www.kgwfarms.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 05:57:03 PM »
No, I did not do competitions, I just thought it was fun to see how far I could push the horse (after months of conditioning of course).
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

KGWFARMS

• Mega Poster
    • KGW Farms
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »
Do you still have horses?
Kristy Worthington
KGW FARMS
PO Box 90
Scales Mound, IL
(815)541-7698
kgwfarms@wildblue.net
www.kgwfarms.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 07:14:58 PM »
I have Nobel Legacy, an AQHA stallion, his pedigree and points are on the net.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »
I didnt know they did stuff like that on horses
I love learning new things !!!!
Hope your hubby qualifies
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 11:01:30 AM »
I've never done endurance rides, but the daughter of a friend does on a rescue horse and does great!
Sandie                                             North Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

KGWFARMS

• Mega Poster
    • KGW Farms
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »
That's great Sandie! Many of our horses are also rescues of one sort or another. We have some kill pen horses, abused horses, neglected horses, and my Paso Fino pony I got when she was 4 years (she is 7 now). She belonged to a client of ours and struggled with founder/laminitis issues her whole life. They gave her to me.....350 pounds overwieght on a 13.2 hand frame!!!!! The feed way to much grain, green grass and dairy cow alfalfa and never worked her! She is 2009 High Point Paso Fino Endurance Horse of the Year!!! I also placed top 10 in AERC LD mileage (5th), LD Best Condition (3), and UMERCA (6th)!!!!! She has a huge heart but I worked VERY hard to get her where she is today!
Kristy Worthington
KGW FARMS
PO Box 90
Scales Mound, IL
(815)541-7698
kgwfarms@wildblue.net
www.kgwfarms.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
I would love to do this with my Arab but I cant get away from the farm anymore for any long time...We just go out and ride on the 144 acreas we have here and might go to the 80 acreas that are 9 miles away some day...dont think it would be too often...I have 6 horses and ride 5 of them Pleasure and Trails...just here at home.     1 of mine was almost sold to a killer and we overbid him...Wonderful horse also...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

KGWFARMS

• Mega Poster
    • KGW Farms
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 07:00:01 PM »
I am so pleased to hear that you ride and use your horses! So many people do not. I know what you mean! It is very hard to leave the farm. I do not have any milkers so that makes it easier. I have been through a lot of chore people. I have a terrific friend who lives a few miles away and also raises goats, she is fabulous! We take turns doing chores for one another now. I used to have her as my emergency but find she is the only one I trust. She is extremely knowledgeable and can handle anything that happens (which is generally rare...thank goodness!)
Kristy Worthington
KGW FARMS
PO Box 90
Scales Mound, IL
(815)541-7698
kgwfarms@wildblue.net
www.kgwfarms.com

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 12:25:56 AM »
I have great respect for you horse people.....they're just too danged big for me.  Scares the heck out of me just to be near them.......

I should mention that the first time I went to ride one, he turned his head and wiped snot all over me (I was about 10 years old and I vomited all over!).... The second time I thought I would try riding, the horse threw me to the ground and took off, lol........  That was the end of my interest in horses.      :lol3:

The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 08:10:04 AM »
I have great respect for you horse people.....they're just too danged big for me.  Scares the heck out of me just to be near them.......

I should mention that the first time I went to ride one, he turned his head and wiped snot all over me (I was about 10 years old and I vomited all over!).... The second time I thought I would try riding, the horse threw me to the ground and took off, lol........  That was the end of my interest in horses.      :lol3:

:lmao3: You just haven't been on the right horse yet.
Sandie                                             North Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
 :lol3:  You think???

My good friend has 4....  They sense my fear I think....  I just stay away from them.  It's safer that way   :lol3:
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.

Wild Wind Farm

• Wild Wind Farm
  • www.ddnigeriangoats.com
    • ddnigeriangoats
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 04:13:32 PM »
My Daughter and I have been doing Competitive Trail Riding for the past 5 years, she rides a Spotted Saddle horse and I ride a reg. 1/2 Arabian.  We are members of OAATS, our next ride is April 24Th in Swanton Ohio.  Rides are posted on the OAATS website, if any of you want to meet us there!  Our goal is to be doing some limited distance next year and then move up to some 50s and 100s the following year.  My life long dream is to ride the Tevis!!!  You can see our horses on our website, www.ddnigeriangoats.com on the horse page.  Here is a video of my Daughter's horse.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsrQQQG9rk

I hope your husband earns a spot on the USA for World Equestrian Games, how cool is that, let us know if he does.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:36:49 PM by Wild Wind Farm »

KGWFARMS

• Mega Poster
    • KGW Farms
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 10:38:08 AM »
Oh that's great!!!! My husband would really like to ride the Tevis also! I am not sure that I want to do 100s. I think I will be doing a few 50s this year but I mostly ride LDs. Do you ever get to any UMECRA rides?
Kristy Worthington
KGW FARMS
PO Box 90
Scales Mound, IL
(815)541-7698
kgwfarms@wildblue.net
www.kgwfarms.com

Wild Wind Farm

• Wild Wind Farm
  • www.ddnigeriangoats.com
    • ddnigeriangoats
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »
I have not done any UMECRA rides, but I plan to.  I at least want to do the Shore to Shore, but not until next year.  Brighton is not too far from me either, so I am planing on doing those 3 next year also.  The horse I am riding is in the Novice program so I can't to any thing longer than 25 miles and no 2 day or longer rides and we can't go over 220 competitive miles for the season.  He is 5 and will graduate out of that program next year, so I plan on doing more rides then.  I do have to make it to a few goat shows also!

Do you do mostly the UMECRA ride schedule?  Which ones are you planing on going to this season?

We are planning on riding,
Ride Like a Fool, Swanton Ohio  -Cracked Oaats Crunch, Scioto Ohio  -Alum Creek, Alum Ohio
Tazamamian Trot, Paint Creek Ohio
Scioto Run Endurance rides, Scioto Ohio,   -Celebration, Cyahoga Ohio   -ABI-KHAN+Chanllenge, Ceasar Creek Ohio
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:19:52 PM by Wild Wind Farm »

KGWFARMS

• Mega Poster
    • KGW Farms
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 02:28:27 PM »
We will do most (95%) of the rides UMECRA offers. Many of them are fairly close. We also do a lot of non-UMECRA AERC rides from their periodical like Spook Run (Oct.), Fort Howes (June) , Texas Bluebonnet Classic (end of April), FITS (Mar), Chicken Chase (Apl.). Since my husband is on the FEI ranking list, there will be others we will attend...just not sure which yet...then hopefully the WEG!

We have always done Wildcat around the last weekend in July but this year we plan to do Salomonie Sizzler. That is in central Indiana....maybe you could try there? I have heard it is a well put together ride!
Kristy Worthington
KGW FARMS
PO Box 90
Scales Mound, IL
(815)541-7698
kgwfarms@wildblue.net
www.kgwfarms.com