Author Topic: Sad day today...  (Read 27191 times)

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
Sad day today...
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:16:51 PM »
 :bawling: Well this morning I took the girls out to graze and was looking into my heifer pasture and told Randy...where is Fortunate? She is the olderst cow we own and she has really had a hard time during her lifetime...Well he went and checked in the barns...nope not there...he kept walking and then he found her...She was down by the corral and looked like she just went to sleep and didnt wake up...she earned her stay here as she had some of the best calves ...also before we got her she had had a rough life as she had a infected hoof and we had to have a toe removed...she was 1 of Randys favorites...She is going to really be missed as she was the grandma to all the babies...We love you Fortunate... and we will miss you...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Sad day today...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:37:46 PM »
 :bawling: Kathy, I am so very sorry you lost Fortunate. Give yourself and Randy a hug from California.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »
Oh, so sorry for your loss...
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:54:12 PM »
So sorry for your loss.   :hug2_202:
Sandie                                             North Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

Thunderhill

• Mega Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 10:26:37 PM »
 :bawling: I'm so sorry to hear this

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »
 :tyrose:
She was a great girl and when we got her she hated people and it was amazing the cow whisperer got to where he could feed her by hand...Thats my Randy...he was so tore up about it but we have been expecting this for a while...but when it does happen your never ready...she was a sweet girl and always looked for her grain in the mornings...Yep its going to seem so strange around her without her...Thanks all...  :grouphugg:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 12:36:58 AM »
 :tissue:  Kathy, so sorry to hear this about Fortunate....................please do one of these  :grouphugg:  to yourself & Randy.  It really hurts to lose an old friend like that.
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

When you come to Christ, you need to give Him everything you are and especially everything you are not.

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 12:57:42 AM »
 :tyrose: :grouphugg:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

leagoat

• I love goats!
  • Intermediate Poster
  • Goats are my favorite people!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
 :icon_sad:  Bless you for giving her a good life.
Suzanne from South East Texas, Loving Everything About GOATs ... Mini Ober & Nubi

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 04:25:20 PM »
 :bawling: wiping the tears from my eyes now  :hug2_202: one for you and  :hug2_202: one for Randy.
Old friends are the best friends !!!
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Rockytopsis

• Intermediate Poster
  • Athens, Tennessee
    • Al & Nancys Lazy Pond Farm
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 04:34:30 PM »
Sorry for your loss.

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 05:34:08 PM »
 :ty2:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

GoatTech

• Mega Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 12:48:52 AM »
 :hug2_202: Yes, we find great passion in the friendships we have with our animals. To me, it is the gentlest, softest place we have in our hearts. It can make your heart physically hurt when we loose one.
 I am sorry for your loss. Randy sounds like my husband, when we lost our first goat, he almost cried. He loved that old buck. They had a special connection/relationship that will never be matched.
Show quality NPGA and NMGA Goats
Show quality ARBA Holland Lops
Jennymae

trestlecreekfarm@comcast.net

"Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do the most are the things you will do the best."

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 11:17:16 AM »
If Randy had his way nothing would get sold around here as he gets attached to so many...He just wants to keep everything...So when it does happen he isnt around when it leaves.
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »
:hug2_202: Yes, we find great passion in the friendships we have with our animals. To me, it is the gentlest, softest place we have in our hearts. It can make your heart physically hurt when we loose one.
 I am sorry for your loss. Randy sounds like my husband, when we lost our first goat, he almost cried. He loved that old buck. They had a special connection/relationship that will never be matched.

I really like this.
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

When you come to Christ, you need to give Him everything you are and especially everything you are not.

m-shadow13

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 02:39:10 AM »
Amazing, isn't it? How something that's maltreated and unwanted by some, can become such a treasure to those with enough depth & understanding to listen. You gave such an animal a good & loving life. Good for you, and remember: the depth of loss is directly proportionate to the depth of the love.
Peace.
Robert {MoonShadow} Ingram

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 11:10:46 AM »
 :tyrose:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

TheGoatMan

• New to fourm -0- posts
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 06:02:17 PM »
 :s2: I feel so sorry for you.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 06:05:56 PM by GoatTalker »
wish i had obershaulsies 8 bufforpingtons 5 newhamps 5 blackaustrolorps 2 dogs 5 cats