Author Topic: Horse thinks he is a dog  (Read 3131 times)

prck

• Intermediate Poster
Horse thinks he is a dog
« on: October 03, 2008, 02:19:09 PM »
I have a 6 1/2 month old palamino stud colt who decide today he was a dog.  I spent 25 minutes in his pasture this morning with him following me around it.  When I would stop walking he would put his nose on top of my head or on my shoulder.  If he is standing with his head up he is taller than me.  I am 5' 6".  So then I took advantage of the situation and started standing next to his side and leaning on his back.  He didn't stand still part of the time, but he didn't run away either.  His mom was acting like she was jealous of all the attention he was giving me and getting in return.  She is in a separate adjoining pasture.
Penny R.C. Kuhnert
Kuhnert Family Farm
Denton, Kansas

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Horse thinks he is a dog
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 05:47:55 PM »
Following is submissive behavior, head on your head/shoulder is dominace.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:16:01 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmm, so...................bottom line?? - colt is not sure how he feels about her???
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

When you come to Christ, you need to give Him everything you are and especially everything you are not.

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »
The bottom line is this colt is testing her, and things that are cute now can be deadly later.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:01:33 AM by GoatTalker »
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 02:53:27 AM »
   :saywhat:
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

When you come to Christ, you need to give Him everything you are and especially everything you are not.