Author Topic: Gota heifer this afternoon!!!  (Read 4224 times)

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
Gota heifer this afternoon!!!
« on: March 28, 2008, 07:27:05 PM »
 :lmao3: Well after the kidding this morning had to go to the store...takes less than a hr to go and come back...ok Maggie was out eating when I left...got back after a quick visit with BoBo...and low and behold ther is a calf in the pasture...I start honking the horn and DIL comes out and says "Whats wrong?" I sadi werent you watching??? she said I was watching Jitter like you said to...Well I was already running out to the calving pasture..Well get there and here is this little brown thing.....take a look and guess what?   :itsagirl2:  :whoohoo: God does love me after all...I sure knew she was going to have a bull calf.
Well got to get her in soon to milk her bag cause its is GYNORMOUS and the baby isnt going to drink all of that any time soon...Man are my hands going to hurt BIG TIME!! her udder is about the size of a washtub...this is going to be a job...But just Thankful the baby is doing good and I was afraid she was going to have twins... Will post pictures soon..
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Gota heifer this afternoon!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »
 :congrats3:
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 08:39:44 PM »
 :congrats4: :itsagirl2: a heifer is a girl right ?  :hehe:
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 10:45:27 PM »
Wow....that's awesome Kathy....you better be gittin your milker soon, friend!   :)
Congrats on your new heifer!
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 11:28:47 PM »
 :clap: :dance: :itsagirl2: :congrats: :awesome: :gotmilksign: :reddancer:  :pics: :jumpjoy: :newclap:   Hurry up and get pics of the little cutie!!!!I am so happy for ya!!! Is she a keeper? Give Maggie a big old kiss and hug from me for doing such a great job!!!! And come on milking her wont be that bad!!  :lmao3:  I feel your pain. Have your daughter in law help and you two can take turns that is what Britt and I did. It gave us both a chance to rest our hands. On the nights I had to hand milk by myself it took forever. LOL!!
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 01:30:00 AM »
 :whoohoo: thanks all ...she is such a pretty baby and so loving also...I am going to start training her to lead tomorrow ...Yep she is a keeper...and the best part is we are going to get a Jersey bull also to breed some more cows cause with the price of milk going thru the roof these ladies will make some money ...Yep this little girl will be on here tomorrow...Her name is Millicent and we are going to call her Millie... again Thanks ...I sure am glad she wasnt a bull ...thats what we thought she would have to with my luck...and Nope no twins ...we thouoght that also just a well fed cow and baby...  :dance:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 12:55:40 PM »
Ok I am waiting to see this new little girl!!!!!  :pics: :pics: :pics: Not trying to preasure you or anything.   :lmao3: And also how is the milking going can you still move your hands?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:58:03 PM by Yorkielover »
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 03:37:59 PM »
 :lmao3: Miked her this morning and it looked like it didnt even put a dent in it and yep the hands hurt cause I have to milk a goat too...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers