Author Topic: Tia off to the breeder!!  (Read 2767 times)

Gallahad

• Meg
  • Goat Enthusiast
Tia off to the breeder!!
« on: March 07, 2008, 06:21:48 AM »
I am so excited, Tia goes to the stud in mid May and I can`t wait. I want it to be next April and the Baby to be done. I am so hoping for a filly this time, so I have another mare to bred someday rather than having a forth gelding to add to mine. The stud is a registered Percheron, Rose Hill Morgan, and is 17.2hh. All of his previous offspring even off of smaller mares have matured to over 17.2hh, so I hope I get an 18hh black mare out of it. I was worried at first about breeding my 16hh all be it wide mare to such a large stallion however I have had friends bred their little 14hh quarter horses to 16.2hh quarter horse stud. That is a bigger size difference than my mare to Morgan. I also read some studies where they bred small mares to large studs to see if the babies would be to big for the mares to give birth to, but apparently 9 times out of 10 the foal comes out the right size and then catches up by growing faster and longer. So I think she should be fine. Her mom was 15.1hh Quarter horse that accidently bred with an escaped 17hh Perch stud and she was fine and she was half the width of Tia and several inches shorter. Lets hope all goes well, and the babe comes out a girl.

This is Morgan!!
she will forgive me, for I bring water, a sunny window to sit by
oleander, I understand her, she's just waiting for the time, to say it's alright, another season
has brought us another chance, we're together in this hot weather to dance

sanderterry2

• New to fourm -0- posts
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Re: Tia off to the breeder!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »
Morgan is quite handsome! 
Sandie                                                              Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Member of NDGA, AGS
sanderterry@gmail.com
www.lilhillfarm.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »
Beautiful.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:40:50 PM »
He's a very handsome boy. 

So, Tia is QH/Perch and you'll get a 3/4ths Perchie baby?  That will be interesting.

I miss my Perchie!  <<sob>>

I've had one mare (a 16.1 hh TB) who was bred to a BIG Dutch WB stud who lost her foal because it was too big.  Tore her from stem to stern, too.  But, there are plenty of breeders out there breeding Perchie studs to TB and QH mares with nary a problem, so hopefully all will go well!
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com