Author Topic: Meet my horses  (Read 4762 times)

Gallahad

• Meg
  • Goat Enthusiast
Meet my horses
« on: February 27, 2008, 02:13:30 AM »
These are my horses, I love them all so much. Drayad is my baby, he is a yearling Percheron/quarter horse X, out of my mare Tia. He doesn't look it in the photos but he is a grey, slowly, but still he's greying. My mares grandfather is a grey, and her and her dad are very very slowly greying, she is 12 and has less grey than Drayad at 1.5 years. Tia is a 12yr old Perch Quarter X mare. She is a 16hh Brown intense weirdo. She doesn`t do anything small, she is quite the drama queen. She is being bred this year to a full Percheron stud so hopefully I get a big baby. Drayad is quite big, at a year he was already the height of his mom(well his bum was at least) and now he is close to 16.1hh. I have had Tia for 7yrs and I ride her english and western but a smooth wire injury 3 yrs ago left her back legs quite stiff(for riding at least) so she is now my babymaker and the horse I sit on when I feel lazy.  Rowan is a 6yr old Belgian draft gelding. He is a 17hh red roan that is still growing, and filling out. He is not only tall but heavy. I fit between his front legs. He my main riding horse, and he is in training to be my jousting horse. I am getting him used to a lance and all our equipment, as well as me riding him while wearing a long dress that covers his bum. I belong to a jousting society and we are hoping to start having shows this year and make it to a few tournaments.

Joya is my miniature horse gelding, and the whole reason I got goats in the first place. He was a neglected and abused little thing before I got him so he has some serious trust issues. He has foundered numerous times in the past before I got him so he can`t be out with the other horses because he eats himself to death. So I have always kept him with a goat or two as company, he picks on other minis because he was a stud for thirteen years and apparently thinks that he still is. He gets along very well with goats and has never done more than pin his ears and toss his head at them. They climb him, chew on his tail, eat his food, and occasionally jab him with their horns and he just takes it and ignores them.

Well those are my horses!!

Meg
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 02:19:39 AM by Gallahad »
she will forgive me, for I bring water, a sunny window to sit by
oleander, I understand her, she's just waiting for the time, to say it's alright, another season
has brought us another chance, we're together in this hot weather to dance

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
Re: Meet my horses
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 03:11:30 AM »
Wow...beautiful horses you have.
Thanks for sharing.
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 10:50:04 AM »
 :clap: Nice horses you have there...I have 6 horses, 1 donkey and a mini mule molly...plus taking care of 3 others for a friend...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 12:49:22 PM »
 :clap: Beautiful.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
They're all lovely!  I just love drafts (just sold my Perchie mare :-(( though).
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 12:44:03 AM »
Nice horses!!  :icon_biggrin:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 10:53:24 AM »
beautiful, is that you scratching Tia's belly ?
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Gallahad

• Meg
  • Goat Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »
Yes that is me several years ago scratching Tia's always itchy belly. That is also the back of head and hand hugging Rowan in the other photo.
she will forgive me, for I bring water, a sunny window to sit by
oleander, I understand her, she's just waiting for the time, to say it's alright, another season
has brought us another chance, we're together in this hot weather to dance

sanderterry2

• New to fourm -0- posts
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 06:00:14 PM »
Beautiful horses! 
Sandie                                                              Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Member of NDGA, AGS
sanderterry@gmail.com
www.lilhillfarm.com