Author Topic: Pics of Rose and Peanut  (Read 56007 times)

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
Pics of Rose and Peanut
« on: February 23, 2008, 07:17:43 PM »
Well I tried to get good pictures of Rosie before she calf's and none of these do her size any justice. LOL!! She is really huge and at this moment a total mess. With the snow and weather they have not had their stall cleaned for a week and lets just say they are wearing allot of their poo. YUK!!!! Will be cleaned tomarrow a must due to her swelling going down and her utter getting tight.  :icon_eek: I know Kathy I have nothing to worry about.  :smily961: But This is my first calf and I am really nervous.  :hehe: I can see it in her eyes that she is miserable!!!  Peanut doe not look that great standing beside Rose. But is looking allot better.  :icon_biggrin: One pic is of Rose getting a scratch and a hug. The other I was trying to take a picture of the two side by side and peanut as you see wants scratched so was coming towards me. LOL!!! She is my shadow in the field.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 07:30:36 PM by Yorkielover »
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Pics of Rose and Peanut
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 08:23:18 PM »
They sure look happy, babies before too long.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:44:04 PM »
Yep Nic not long and I will have our first calf born on the farm. I have to wait till April for my goat babies.  :icon_frown: Seems so far away. But once that starts I will be extra busy. 17 girls due this year.  :icon_eek:  :smily961: I think I would be happy with all single births. LOL!!!  Here again is a picture of my beautiful Daughter being herself. Her best imitation of a cow. If she didn't look so cute I think I would have to slap her.  :lmao3:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 09:58:42 PM »
What a stinker.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 12:43:50 AM »
wow Deanna the cows look great !!!
and Britt cute as ever !
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 01:51:24 AM »
 :lmao3: :lmao3: What a HOOT!!! Britt looks like she is having fun...The girls look good...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 02:24:48 AM »
Thank you. I figured I better get pictures while I can of Rosie Pregnant. As for Brittney just once I would love to get the camera out and she gives me a normal smile and would be serious.  :lmao3: I always have to take one goofy pic of her before she will be good and I can take a normal one of her. LOL!! She acts like her dad!! Yep everyone else is getting goat babies. I have another month and half before I get any. Bummer!! So Rosies baby is going to have to satisfy me for now.  :icon_biggrin:

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 06:21:49 PM »
 :lmao3: You think Rosie is big you should see Maggie...and she is going to be due soon too...maybe Rosies baby dropped...how is she doing?
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 09:51:12 PM »
Still preg!!!!  pullhair I just know she is going to have it while I am at work. Kathy goats are so much easier to know. Not always but goodness this cow looks like the swelling is going down then poof puffy again!!! The discharge is still the same if not allitle more but still clear. She has started this new habit when I put her back in their fence she stops half way through the gate and will not move until I give her butt a good scratch. LOL!!! She is beyond spoiled. She doesn't do it with Brittney. Just me. and trust me you can not push her in the rest of the way.  :lmao3:

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 10:03:44 PM »
 :lmao3: When I lived at home our cows loved having their rear ends rubber ...try scratching near the tail head and that way you can feel her lig's also...How is her udder doing if it filling? you will be able to tell also Maggies if filling but not really fast yet...but its growing...hang in there I am here for ya...and you will do good too...they usually calve early in the morning and on thru till almost 3:30 sometimes they do go a little later, but they do like to have their calf moving good before dark...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »
Yes her udder is filling up. All 4 quarters!!  :shocked: You know that Rosie is a two quarter cow. and I infused 3 of her quarters when I dried her off. My question is I know that sometimes quarter that were lost to mastitis can come back. The front left quarter was completly gone.  But at this moment all 4 are full!! would that quarter still swell if there isn't any milk in it. She was giving me a gal half out of the two quarters. twice a day does this mean she would give me 3 gals twice a day if she gets back the other two.  :icon_eek: That would be 6 gals a day just from her. LOL!! Little worried  do not need that much milk.  :lmao3:

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »
Not to sure there Deanna never had a milk cow get mastitis but goats get theirs back so maybe since you treated her and its gone she might give out of all 4...there might be some edema in the other 2 but they should still milk and do fine...been along time so call and check with the vet on this but I bet they all will work.
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 11:01:47 PM »
Oooo sounds like she might be coming back!!
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »
If Rosie comes back four quarters I will be drying off peanut about a month later. LOL!! I like cows milk but that would be allot of milk  :lmao3: Oh and as of yet still no baby. She is driving me nuts. Does anyone know if cows are like goats and do they stop eatting when they go into labor. They get fed three times a day and I figured if they do I could catch her in labor and see it coming.  :hehe:

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »
 :lmao3: Well mine will eat and go into labor...I used to think that if they didnt eat that was a sign but not with mine ...mine are chow hounds and wont miss a meal...even my goats will not miss a meal ..if they kid in the morning before feeding they will eat after they are threw...nothin around here misses a meal but ME!!  Hang in there you will know when the time is right...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 10:08:28 AM »
Well Rosie had her calf sometime before 4:30 am. Due to her having it in the field not the barn. Brittney found it froze this morning.  :icon_cry: It was alittle bull calf. Rosie is doing fine. She did not handle me taking the calf very well. I felt so bad. Last night she showed no signs of being in labor looked the same in the rearend. Boy I thought goats were hard to tell but cows a really hard to tell when they are ready.  This has been one bad week.  :bawling: 

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 10:53:10 AM »
 :bawling: I am so sorry Deanna..Mine have done this before but I wonder if its because she has never done this before that this happened..It almost sounds like the FF I had last year... I know that a cow calved here and she wasnt a FF she had had a few and he didnt make it either. Sometimes they just done and then I have seen them born in the snow and still make it...she iwll adjust soon. Did she have it cleaned? or did she just look at it? I know this sounds bad to ask as I know you are hurting. Brianne's calf was fully formed and it just didnt do. I dont understand it some times either. Maybe there was something else worng we cant see.
Give her some time and she will make it thru this...I am hear for you..  :hug2_202: and again I am So So Sorry this happened.
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 12:12:39 PM »
I'm sorry you lost the baby, you might want to let her have it until she is fininshed greaving, it really seems to make a difference with goats, and I suspect it will with cattle as well. The mommys will lick and talk to the baby for a while, sometimes paw at it, and eventually give up and walk away. I've done removal both ways, and letting them have the baby seems to be best for the mommys.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 02:45:18 PM »
Yep that is what I do with mine that lose theirs...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
Sean and I already took care of the calf.  :icon_cry: Kathy she cleaned the calf really well. He was a really big boy so I wonder if she didn't have problems getting him out and he died while he was coming out. It broke my heart when I was carrying him out even Peanut followed right beside Rosie and when I set him down by the gate Rosie was mooing very low and talking to it. started licking the calf and so did Peanut.  :icon_frown: Things happen for a reason. So maybe it is for the best. I will be okay just really bummed out.  :hug2_202:

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 04:56:44 PM »
 :bawling: wow you guys need a break from all this heartache !!!!! so sorry for you and Rosie
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

sanderterry2

• New to fourm -0- posts
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 05:57:29 PM »
Deanna, so sorry you lost the calf.   :tissue:
Sandie                                                              Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Member of NDGA, AGS
sanderterry@gmail.com
www.lilhillfarm.com

goatladie

• Seldom Sane
  • Mega Poster
  • Take Time to Stop and Smell the Roses!~
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 06:16:59 PM »
 :bawling: :hug2_202:  :hug2_202: Double hugs to you Deanna - hang in there, it will get better for you guys...
:snowflake:  ~Jennie                 www.sensationallabs.com 
In a world of change.... Jesus is our constant.
"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8
 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." John  3:16,17

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 10:01:38 PM »
 :hug2_202: there are a lot of things that could of happened...the cord could of been around his neck or born backwards or a number of things...Its just natures way and we dont know the reasons... I hate it when it happens ..I lost 3 last year and am on edge this year...but not as many FF this year just 2 so hoping for the best with them...DOnt beat yourself up over it as you werent there to know she was in labor...I ahve found them in the pasture with their moms and doing good when you wonder why the other 1 died...Its hard to tell what happened. It could of died before it was born and thats why the labor and not all the signs...that happens too..just like with goats.
Get some rest and just think there is always next year and it will be better than this 1...I am here for you and you know that...  :hug2_202:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 01:21:15 AM »
Thank you all.  :hug2_202: I am okay. You never want to have a baby die but I am just thankfull that Rosie is ok. She was my biggest concern. She is doing fine got extra hugs and kisses tonight after being milked. The front quarter is the only one that did not come back on her it is swollen but I could not get any milk out of it. The other three are working just fine. so she did get back one of her lost quarters back.  :icon_biggrin:

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 01:26:17 AM »
 :clap: Way to go Deanna. Massage that other quarter, it may just surprise you.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats