Author Topic: Updated pics of Peanut  (Read 13650 times)

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
Updated pics of Peanut
« on: February 03, 2008, 12:03:03 AM »
Well here is a picture of Peanut as of today. The first picture is the day I brought her home. I am truely not impressed with any gaining of weight.  :icon_frown: Though her milk has increased allot. I guess I am wanting a large increase fast and it isn't happening. Though I can tell she is so much happier here. They had a problem with her not getting up. I do not have that problem with her. She is always ready to come in and get milked. She waits at the gate. And runs up around the barn like it is a race. LOL!! I took a few pictures but in the barn but it was not bright enough. I also added a picture of Rosie what a face. Peanuts face shot shows how very messy she is when eatting. LOL!!  :hehe: I got a look like mom do you mind!!  :smily961:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Updated pics of Peanut
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 12:09:25 AM »
She is coming along, but you might want to have the vet out to float her teeth, my guess is, given her crooked jaw, her molars may not be lining up, thus the weight issue. Sometimes they can file their teeth and give the cows a new lease on life.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 12:13:27 AM »
That was what I was going to say Nic...I can tell a big difference in her just looking at the pics...as long as she is milking she isnt going to put on alot of weight and you dont want it all at once or fast either you want to build up muscle and not fat...Glad to see she has a good coat of hair...She loves being where she isnt being hurt either and you can tell she loves you...you are her HERO!!  :whoohoo: Hang in there you will see a difference after she get dry and all the calories will be going to her ..it did when we got Maggie...I cant wait till she freshens...   :whoohoo:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 12:28:59 AM »
I agree with you. I am not sure if my vet will do that. If not I will call around and find one that can. I was waiting to call the vet until she gained alittle bit and also have her preg checked. I am thinking that may be another problem.  :icon_frown: Between being milked and maybe being bred. Thats allot for this poor girl to handle. I still can not find any where that sells that clovite (sp?). I have asked around and no one has ever heard of it. I had to increase her food very slowly. And I am continuing to up it. I just do not want to hurt her in the process. Kathy I am glad you brought the muscle thing up I really noticed she does not have any. Also concidering she just freshened aroung Oct. When would be a good time to dry her off? Even if she is not bred. 
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 11:14:08 AM »
 Deanna  go to www.horse.com   Clovite is listed on page 72  the order number is BWL2525  its listed as $47.99 a bag  also BWF0925 is a good alternative to Clovite and its alot cheaper and the same thing.. I would at least go 1 more month then dry her off, that will almost be 5 mths in milk. That is when I wean my calves when they are 5 mths on the cow. Then she should really make a big difference after she is dry. Hopefully she isnt PG and will take this time for herself.
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 01:20:18 PM »
another thing is that as long as she is milking she won't be putting on a lot of fat.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 11:20:11 PM »
Well except for needing wormed again by the vets sugestion. Im going to worm her every ten days for a month. She has put on a bit of weight but to me it is all in the belly. Hoping that being dried off and being wormed to really knock them out of her will put some weight on her top. Goodness knows and I could say this a hundred times. Sondra I love Peanut but would love for you to live closer I was telling Kathy I would love for you to beable to take her. Two cows is not really needed but I wouldn't just place her in just any home.

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 12:23:17 AM »
 :lmao3: and I have just the 1 and she is keeping the babies in plenty of milk...made some butter tonite too.....sure is good stuff...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers