Author Topic: now we have calves too (with pics added now)  (Read 4542 times)

firefly81

• one goat away from being the crazy goat lady!!!
  • Intermediate Poster
now we have calves too (with pics added now)
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »
being a sucker at an auction agian, we brought home 2 calves, they are both weaned and very sweet, the one is a full jersy and the other might be, ill have to post pics tomarrow and see what you guys think. named them cheese burger and rib eye (except for my son who named them ben and freddy) they are just so darn cute, but at least they will grow out of so much cutness by eating time. its so funny to hear them moo at us, we are used to the goats but it seems funny to have a cows now too.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 10:53:46 AM by firefly81 »

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
Re: now we have calves too
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 10:09:42 PM »
How old are they? hopefully not over 6 mths. I neuter my bull calves at 6 mths and dont add hormones...mine are all natural and dont have growth implants either.With them being jersey some say they are a sweeter meat, but really i cant tell the difference as long as its steak...the only thing I can tell is if its older type of cattle. Like if you go and order a steak and its tough that is older meat. If they say its aged, well you dont want to know what that really means...ours only hang and age for 2 wks.
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

firefly81

• Intermediate Poster

GoatTech

• Mega Poster
Re: now we have calves too (with pics added now)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 11:28:56 AM »
OMG, they are adorable!!

I'm staying away from cows!!!

Down the road, someone has the miniature cows, like I said, I'm staying away!  :icon_lol:
Show quality NPGA and NMGA Goats
Show quality ARBA Holland Lops
Jennymae

trestlecreekfarm@comcast.net

"Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do the most are the things you will do the best."

firefly81

• Intermediate Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »
they are too cute, i really like ben he is a sweet heart, freddy doesnt like people so much so im not getting attached to him

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 01:03:31 PM »
Oh my gosh they are both very cute, and that Freddy, well he would have to be a pet if he was here.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907