Author Topic: I am nuts!!!! ( New Pics)  (Read 22689 times)

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
Re: I am nuts!!!! ( New Pics)
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 12:36:47 PM »
I do not have a weight tape.  :icon_frown: I do have one for goats maybe that would work. Kathy Two guys can pick her up so her weight is not that much but could be closer to 500 Sondra this is her first freshening so I would think she is almost 2 but she could of been bred earlier than she should of been. would not suprise me. I should of took a pic of Rosie from the front or back LOL!! She is getting bigger by the day and soon may not fit through the door of the barn.  :lmao3: Peanut was in the field with two bulls I am really hoping she is not bred. That would not be a good thing. I told Sean I want to get her to a good weight before having her bred. Milking her is a little testing LOL!! Rosie goes with the flow I ask her to step back and she moves her foot back so I can milk her. Peanut on the other hand LOL!!! steps forward and is just alittle harder to milk I thought Rose had small teats but Peanut wins the small teats contest. LOL!!!! Major hand cramp.  :smily961: Sondra I so wish you lived allot closer Peanut would of made you a great little cow. Sean and I now will have way to much milk. My cats are really round now. LOL!! We tried giving the milk to the chickens but they would not drink it.   
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 12:43:56 PM »
If she doesn't start to pick up weight, you might add All In One, which is ground oat hay, alfalfa, and molasses. It really puts on the pounds, and does not require as much chewing as regular hay.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

msscamp

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2008, 12:57:49 AM »
Yorkie, I would be very, very careful what I fed Peanut.  She is not just skinny, she is starved - and feeding too much can be just as bad as not feeding enough in her case.  I would stick to good grass hay, a little tiny bit of grain, and forget the high powered stuff until she starts to come out of being starved.  Too much, too fast can cause bloat, acidosis, and an inability of her system to adjust to her feed - all of which can kill her.   

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 02:25:16 AM »
Thank you Msscamp. I totally agree she was being starved. That is why I brought her home. Thank you for the info. Except for that day she is now doing really well on her feed. I agree to much to fast. I really didn't think that I was giving her to much concidering what my Rosie gets. It seemed like a small amount. But her system was just not ready for it. She is now doing well on her feed. She still is not getting what Rosie gets I figured I would up her feed really slowly. At the barn she was at She got Corn silage, Wet hay (Alfalfa) and grain. The problem with that is it was only once a day so when she was out side with the other cows her second feeding out in the field she wouldn't have a chance to eat and she was never allowed near the hay outside. The other cows just pushed her around. And being milked just did her in. I also feel never being wormed also had allot to do with her condition. It was just sad to see her in that barn and the shape she was in was just awful!!  :icon_cry:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2008, 02:41:18 AM »
We're just thankful that she's in good hands now.  Great job Deanna!
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2008, 05:54:51 PM »
Thank you!!  :hug2_202: I hope being here will make a difference. I do not know allot about cows. I am learning. My hopes are to get her back into shape. Without anymore set backs like the day she got the belly ache. I felt awful. She really is such a sweet cow.  :loveface: 

msscamp

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 12:16:29 AM »
Never mind.   :oops:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:19:24 AM by msscamp »