Author Topic: I am nuts!!!! ( New Pics)  (Read 22653 times)

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
I am nuts!!!! ( New Pics)
« on: December 24, 2007, 11:46:35 PM »
Well I finely lost my mind. Sean and I just got done downsizing on some of the animals. whole point was to cut down the work load.  :doh: I just purchased another Jersey at the farm I work at  :lmao3: She is half the size of my Rosie and has a very crooked face, Peanut is a first time freshener and had a sweet little jersey calf. She is not doing well at the barn she is so small she is being pushed out of the feeders and very very skinny. Bones and skin is all she is.  :icon_cry: The price is right and She really needs us. So here I go again.  By the way I named her peanut when she first came into the barn everyone else thought she was ugly but me she is unique not ugly. Sean does not have a whole lot to say about it.  :lmao3: I think he has given up. LOL!!!!  :lmao3:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 07:43:43 PM by Yorkielover »
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
Re: I am nuts!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 12:27:46 AM »
 :congrats3: on your new cow and calf ...I just love to do things that ruffle Randy too....I cant wait to see a picture... :congrats4: :congrats2: :congrats:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 01:17:34 AM »
Kathy thank you. I do not get the Calf Just Peanut. The calf stays at the farm. She freshened about two months ago. She just is not doing well at all. I am not sure if I will have my dad go and get her tomarrow or Sean may get her on Wed. Sean has to work so I think my dad will go and get her. She I guess is one of my Christmas presents. LOL!! And me getting her out of there is hers. She is in bad shape. But I know with lots of love and extra attention she will do well here. 
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 03:20:39 AM »
 :congrats3: Can't wait to see pictures.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

sanderterry2

• New to fourm -0- posts
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 08:44:12 AM »
 :congrats:   Do before and after pics. 
Sandie                                                              Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Member of NDGA, AGS
sanderterry@gmail.com
www.lilhillfarm.com

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 09:00:49 AM »
Awesome Deanna....what a gift you are giving her.  Yea!  Enjoy!
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 10:47:08 AM »
1 thing I have found to help alot is Clovite..its a supplement you sprinkle on their feed. I used it with my horse and a cow we had that wasnt doing good with weight. They love the taste and it sure turned them around. I hope she will do good for you too. She sounds like she will be a great girl for you and she will love you also. When was she last wormed? She might need that if it hasnt been done lately. I worm my cows when they first freshen also just like the goats. I figured you didnt get the calf but I was hoping you would but thats life at the dairy.
I got my Clovite thru a online supplier, I also can get it at the feed store too if I need it faster. Just cheaper online.
Keep us posted as to when she gets there we all know what its like to rescue something. It wont happen over night but it will change her. I have 1 out here that wont challenge the others for food either and have to bring her in each winter. You will do Great and so will she.  :grouphugg:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 11:40:31 AM »
Congratulations   give her extra calcium /alfalfa or pellets and the clovite  also just being with you will help her!!
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 05:07:53 PM »
:ty2: Well My dad and I went to pick her up today.  :icon_biggrin: Sean was sleeping because he worked midnight and has to go back out tonight. So my dad and I hooked up the trailer and got her out of the barn asap. Well here is her pics. I will try to get that  clovite I already soak Beatpulp and Alfalfa pellets for Rosie so the same will be done for Peanut. My mom thinks her name should be Unique. LOL!! The pictures tell it all. I did not need another cow but I think she needs me. She really is a sweet cow. Today is the first time Sean seen her and he is really upset that they let her get this bad. It is sad. But I am hoping for a big round cow. And yes only a face a mother could love.

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »
Oh that poor baby, God bless you for taking her.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 05:34:31 PM »
Nic if I worm her with Ivomec Plus do I have to with hold her milk for 72 hrs? I was not sure and I lost my instructions with my bottle. I do not think She has ever been wormed I got the safeguard pellets for cattle but do not feel it would be enough. Anyone know what kind of antibiotic I can give her that I would not have to dump her milk? I plan on giving her B shots for a while everyday I know it will not hurt her. Want to give her all barrels to get her inshape. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I feel lucky we have the room for her to give her a chance to have a decent life. And have a husband that is very understanding.  :icon_biggrin:

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 06:30:22 PM »
When we were milking for OUR consumption, we wormed with Ivomec+ and drank the milk. If you are milking for outside people, I would do the full withold schedule. Beet pulp, and all in one will help her pack on the weight, you might also give her some Calf Manna to up her calories/nutrition.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 06:35:04 PM »
It looks as if when she was little she got maybe kicked in the face and that is why it is crooked. Hopefully that isnt why she is so thin. If the bite is off sometimes you will see it affects how they chew their cud. I would have the vet check her teeth and yes I would definatly worm her with the plus and I think its 72 hr withhold on that. Just give it to the chickens and dogs. They might need to float her teeth like a horse. I would take it easy on her feed and give her all the hay she will eat. And in 10 days reworm again. You will see a big turnaround with the Clovite, I gave it every day to my horse and she showed improvement in a month. It was amazing. I just love her and you will always be able to tell which cow is yours.
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 06:39:06 PM »
Forgot to say our cow looked almost as thin as that when we got her and she still had a calf on her that was almost a yr old at the time and all Maggie had to eat where she was was Hedge apples and not much else. The people said they were feeding her but I dont think they were. To see her now you would never know she was starving when we got her. I love my Maggie and I know you love your Panut and Rosie too...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2007, 07:52:10 PM »
I will get a bag of Calf manna and again try to get some of the clovite. And Kathy I thought that her mouth deformity might have something to do with it also. But I do think that being in with so many cows and being pushed away from the food is a big thing that had to do with it. When she first came into the barn they kept her in to get her used to the barn she started gaining weight then they put her out and she went down hill again. I kept telling her a big farm was not the place for a small cow like that and she ignored me. I felt so bad to walk in there and look at her and know what she was going through. Again Sean is very upset about her condition he is hoping I didn't bite off more than I could chew. I gave her 4 cc of Ivemec plus which was for a 440 lbs I did not want to do much more do to the shape she is in. Rosie is so jealous.  :lmao3: I was paying attention to Peanut and she came over and tried to push her away from me Brittney had to take her by the collar and lead her away. I felt so bad for both of them Rosie is used to getting all my attention and Peanut needs some to. Rosie gets brushed every night after she gets milked for at least 20 min. She loves it. I think she is alittle spoiled. :lmao3: Oh and I have to add Sean thinks I should just dry peanut off so we can put weight on her my only concern is she just freshened and until she is in allot better shape I would not breed her so if I dry her off it may be a year and half before I can milk her again. I think just cutting her down to one milking a day would be better than just drying her off. Any sugestions?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 08:27:53 PM by Yorkielover »

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2007, 09:36:19 PM »
If you dry her off now that is all she will give in the future. I would just milk her 1 time a day and that way you can set how long she will go next freshening. Too soon and she wont make much milk for the following freshening, they are just like goats. With proper feed and care she will put on weight even if you are milking her. Or you can milk the front 2 in the morning and the back 2 in the evenings. Just a thought also on a proper worming schedule she will gain good too and the supplements will help alot ...you will see.
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 08:49:43 AM »
Keep on milking her and uping her alfalfa pellets  pleanty of hay and gradually uping her feed.   She will gain    Just make sure she gets pleanty of alfalfa for the calcium she needs to produce.    I wouldn't give her antibiotics unless she is sick or temp.     Fortified B Complex   every day  probios every day  and  you should see improvment.   I would also give her a shot of BoSe
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 07:37:58 PM »
Sondra at first I thought she was sick alittle snotty But today I have not seen any snotty nose. Today she is settling in quite fine. Rosie is being alittle pushy I am hoping she is just showing who's boss and quits. I left Peanut in the field while I was cleaning the stall out She is quite the helper. LOL!! Not. She loves her face scratched. She ran from us last night but today follows us everywhere. I think she will do well. She is eatting her beetpulp and Alfalfa pellets really well. I soak them in warm water before her and Rosie get them like warm oatmeal  :smily961: It does take her along time to eat. I will continue to give the b shots but unfortunately do not have any Bose. I do have Sel and vit E gel if that will help. If it will how often should I give it to her? Kathy I saw her chewing her cud today but not sure how well. Here are a few new pictures taken today I was scratching her neck and chin and she Laid her chin on my head way to sweet!!! And a few pictures of My Rosie.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 07:56:24 PM by Yorkielover »

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: I am nuts!!!! ( New Pics)
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 08:03:45 PM »
What a sweetie, and man oh man Rosie is looking so much better, good job. Peanuts face looks like a genetic flaw to me, but don't take my word for it, just watch her babies closely, they may need to go to market instead of staying to build a herd.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »
Nic She had alittle heifer calf. She is beautiful. Not saying that she would not throw a genetic throw back. I was told but do not know how true this is that she got out when she was a calf and got side swiped by a car. But again not so sure the story is true. As for Rosie thank you. She really does get brushed every night. LOL!! Never could tell by all the poo on her side.  :smily961: I think she looks allot better also. She is such a great cow. I have no complaints I wish the goats were that well behaved.  :lmao3:  I can dream on. They make my life interesting.  :hehe:

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »
 :clap: Deanna and Peanut  :clap: She is already looking so much better...She will love you forever for getting her out of that place....  :grouphugg: Just give her time and you will see.. :whoohoo:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 09:30:55 PM »
Is Peanut on DiMethox 40%? You can give it by injection to cattle, and given her size I think I might go that route as well as everything else you are doing.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 09:38:47 PM »
Nic would it be for Treatment of coccidia or just used for a antibiotic to treat her for illness  I am not really sure of her weight. I would think around 450 but not really sure.

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 09:41:49 PM »
I'd do the cocci treatment with it if she was here. We had a couple of goats years ago that came here as part of a herd, they were really tiny, and 2 years old, after worming and cocci treatment the does grew 2 inches. I'm not saying Peanut will grow, but something made her stunted, and it sure wouldn't hurt, could even make that snotty/not snotty nose go away for a really long time.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 09:45:18 PM »
I will start her on it tonight. Thanks. If it helps it would be great.  :icon_biggrin:

Batman

• *Batman*
  • Mega Poster
    • Dicksons Brokenharrow Ranch
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 10:21:30 PM »
YUMMY steaks walking in the field!!!!! :whoohoo:
Home of both Registered and Non-registred nigerians and pygmys and other breeds please visit our website at www.brokenharrowranch.com for more information. Located in PA email brokenharrow@windstream.net

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 11:24:43 PM »
 :doh: :shocked: :pffft: I think NOT!
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 12:04:49 AM »
 pullhair Sean I agree I think not!!! You are so not funny!!!!!!

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 12:23:12 AM »
I personally would get a weight tape to be closer to the correct weight on her. To me she almost looks like she weights closer to say 600 lbs but with pictures its really hard to tell as they carry alot of weight inside. Might not be that much but I had some 6mth calves I thought weighted 450 and they were closer to 600lbs when they were weighted. Just a thought
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 10:44:46 AM »
agree with the demethox   and  yeh give her a squirt of the Sel /E gel havent a clue as to how much or how often on cattle.
How old is she anyway?     Pictures are great by the way Rosie looks really good  Peanut will too soon.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX