Author Topic: info for a pot bellied pig  (Read 5732 times)

bluebirdacres

• Mega Poster
    • Blue Bird Acres Fainting Goats
info for a pot bellied pig
« on: December 16, 2007, 08:54:48 PM »
I had someone to drop off a pot bellied pig. They no longer could take care of it. I dont know nothing about pigs. What do i feed it?? Any info on anything would be appreciated.
Richard Rogers
Blue Bird Acres
Byhalia, MS
http://www.bluebirdacres.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: info for a pot bellied pig
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 10:24:42 PM »
You might head out to the feed store tomorrow, pigs have a chow they eat, and most will also eat alfalfa and a little bit of cob, BUT with a pot bellied, I'm told you don't want to feed it like a butcher pig, so go easy on the grains.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

bluebirdacres

• Mega Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 10:55:42 PM »
I found the feed i am going to get. Any health care tips. Things to look for. Can they be with goats? Any info would be great.
Richard Rogers
Blue Bird Acres
Byhalia, MS

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 12:01:31 AM »
No they can not be with the goats, they can be too aggressive, and goat food could kill them.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

bluebirdacres

• Mega Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 09:18:50 AM »
all right I can put her some where else. appreciate the help.
Richard Rogers
Blue Bird Acres
Byhalia, MS

firefly81

• one goat away from being the crazy goat lady!!!
  • Intermediate Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 07:14:43 PM »
my pbp females run with the goats sometimes if they feel like it, and they get along fine with them, the pigs think they are a higher place on the totam pole than the goats. our pbp were raised in the house to start out with and learned how to get along with everyone.

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:52:06 PM »
We had 1 and she stayed in the house...yes be really careful with teh grains and anything that is fattening...they gain really fast and learn to beg really fast and we had ours fixed (spayed) do you know how old this 1 is and what is it...if a male have it neutered soon and females my vet said when they are 6 wks. they can be agressive when they are in heat and I dont know if I would let it run with goats...my dog didnt like ours and they had their scruffs...noting really serious, We loved ours...she died of old age. I would just feed veggies to it as they put on weight really easy. Good lcuk
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27