Author Topic: Oh man what have I done...  (Read 3678 times)

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
Oh man what have I done...
« on: December 06, 2007, 01:32:17 AM »
Well a friend called the other nite and she is getting a divorce and she dont want to lose her mini mare and mini mule...so I tell her she can bring them here...She got here tomite with them riding in her van...they are so sweet and the baby is 7 mths old...the mares name is Cocoa, and the mule is Hershey...When I get time I will post some pictures. She had them at her sisters and she didnt take very good care of them and the momma is very thin. I dont understand people that can do that to animals...Well I fed her some hay and some oats tonite and she thought she was in Heaven...it dont take much for a mini..some people... She will get into better shape after we worm her and get her on a better feeding program she will be right as rain...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Oh man what have I done...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 02:21:14 AM »
 :whoohoo: Kathy, you are sure taking in a lot of animals this week.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 07:03:27 AM »
Aww...good for you Kathy.  Enjoy them.
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.

Snowball

• Platinum Stables Miniature Horses
    • http://www.minihorses.biz
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 09:36:21 AM »
Good for you Chatty.  Sometimes if the mare is still nursing the baby the mom will get pulled down..
I have let a baby go that long but only cause the mom was kept in good shape.
It might be best to seperate them next to each other if that is the case.
Mary Hyduck
Queen Creek, Ariz.
Platinum Stables.
www.minihorses.biz
Registered Miniature Horses
NGA /NDGA Show and Pet Quality,- blue-eyed, colorful, Nigerian Dwarf Goats
E-mail mary@futons.net

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 10:23:47 AM »
The baby has been weaned but it was mainly just lack of food and hay...Hershey has been weaned for a month now and is eating and really basically learning to eat food since it wasnt given before...When my friend can she will take the mini horse and we will keep the mini mule...Randy just loves them...he is such a big ole Softie...just dont know when to say no...He was so upset yesterday morning when he got home cause she was supposed to bring them out before he got hom but they finally mage it out later...they are sweet ...got to find some batteries...   :whoohoo:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Snowball

• Platinum Stables Miniature Horses
    • http://www.minihorses.biz
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 02:50:21 PM »
Chatty Be careful ... Once you get into minis, if you have a soft heart, it is hard to get out of them..
Got to hand it to you tho, ..if your hubby likes them too, it makes owning them alot sweeter.
Mary Hyduck
Queen Creek, Ariz.
Platinum Stables.
www.minihorses.biz
Registered Miniature Horses
NGA /NDGA Show and Pet Quality,- blue-eyed, colorful, Nigerian Dwarf Goats
E-mail mary@futons.net