Author Topic: Sam- the parrokeet  (Read 4810 times)

GoatTech

• Mega Poster
Sam- the parrokeet
« on: November 15, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »
This is the latest kritter here. He is my sons, but I have to admit, the whole family is enjoying him. So far, I can get him to whiste my whistle back.  As I sit and read, I try to get him to say 'pretty bird'. He said it once, so I'm hoping he will be a little talker.
My son started getting him out on his hand and let me tell you, I ran as fast as I could when it came flying for my head. LOL. The kids thought it was really funny to see my run!!
Well, here's his picture, he's a cutie!
Show quality NPGA and NMGA Goats
Show quality ARBA Holland Lops
Jennymae

trestlecreekfarm@comcast.net

"Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do the most are the things you will do the best."

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Sam- the parrokeet
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:25:07 PM »
He's a cutie.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:47:01 PM »
He is very cute above his beak is it blue or tan.
Boys are blue.
Ours had a very large vocabulary , he is now treating my mother with his talking and antics.
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

GoatTech

• Mega Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 10:27:01 AM »
Well. It was white when we first got him, so we weren't sure if it was a he or a she. My son decided on Sam the other day, and I looked and it is now turning blue. Must be a boy!!! I heard boys are better talkers.
This little guy is just now 'mumbling'. He chirped for the first 2-3 weeks we've had him, I think he's just now getting really used to us.
Jennymae

"Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do the most are the things you will do the best."

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 11:40:21 AM »
I heard only the boys talk, but don't know if that is true.
we had the parents of the one we had, so we watched him come out of the egg and we raised him up.
My boy was little then and named him Bear.
every morning when I uncovered him he would say " Good Morning Little Bear"  it still is the cutest thing.
He also made the noise of a little boy playing with cars on the floor.
Dillon used to let him ride on the bar of his little john Deere tractor toy  and push him around.
He also meowed like our cat, but when the cat died he stopped doing that.
Enjoy your little guy, they are very sweet and live a long time Bear is 10 yrs old today.
Pelleted feed with seed and people food as treats keep them healthy and happy for many years.
you can clip his wings if he is real flighty, but in a small room like the bathroom , he will get used to sitting on your fingeer and not flying away.
www.rockstarhoops.com
Southwestern PA

GoatTech

• Mega Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 11:51:01 AM »
Ahhh, how sweet!!! Sounds like little bear is a special boy! I think Sam was around 4-6 weeks when we got him, but he is not crazy, he never has bit my son and lets him get him out. I think we got him early enough to be able to do something with him.
What kind of people treats? The pet shop said to get frozen vegatables for him, but what else can he have?
Jennymae

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 04:19:29 PM »
Birds love to eat almost anything we eat  . meaning all the good things for us.
They both love any kind of noodles, plain or as mac and cheese, or as spaghetti, etc.
scrambled eggs, bananas, (a huge fav around here), dry cereals, dark green leafy lettuce, rice, fruit, the list goes on and on.
I try to avoid meats ,they can have it but birds are extremlly messy.They tend to fling collected food off thier beaks at the speed of sound to the nearest wall or mirror in my case.  :hehe:
I also have a med sized parrot.
My parrot loves chicken bones . she cracks them for the marrow.
Most important is not to feed them  junk food, chocolate, no pits or seeds in fruit, house plant leaves, .
The more your son takes Sam out and spends time with him the sweeter he will become.
We gave him to my mom , because my son is now almost 16 and wasn't spending much time with him anymore.
 Her husband is retired and spends time with him. They also have a lovebird. He loves those bird so much.
www.rockstarhoops.com
Southwestern PA

GoatTech

• Mega Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 12:22:29 PM »
Thanks Debi.
Jennymae

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 10:10:42 PM »
Your most welcome.
www.rockstarhoops.com
Southwestern PA