Author Topic: Rosie is home!!!!!  (Read 50137 times)

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
Re: Rosie is home!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »
Also you can call around to the dairys around you too to see if they have any for sale...We have bought calves from them before ...back when I still lived at home we got a nice little heifer from a dairy. sometimes they sell the cows too...just a thought
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2007, 10:11:21 PM »
Alittle update on My girl and the two boys. The boys are growing and doing well. They are getting to be a handfull. LOL!! As for Rosie she is doing great!!!! She is still giving me three gals a day. We seem to have her food situtation going well. Considering we have no alfalfa we soak Alfalfa cubs in water and also Beat pulp mix it in here bowl and top it off with her grain. She is such a doll baby. I never thought I could love a cow like I love this one.  :loveface: She is so sweet and gentle. Listens really well on a lead. Considering we have to lead her across the yard to be milked. She walks right with you and walks right back to her field. I have been awful sick the past week. With a really bad sinus infection. Brittney again is my right and left hand. I have to say I have one heck of a kid. She is taking care of everything for me I help but she has just jumped in and Like always and has taken on more responsability of the care of Rosie and the other animals. When this kid leaves for the airforce I am going to be lost!!!  :icon_cry:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 01:33:20 AM »
 :hug2_202: I hope you are feeling better...really missed ya .... I know what you mean by help... I cant hardly wait till March when Maggie calves...she is getting so big I think it might be twins... When she finally does will let everyone know...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 07:17:25 PM »
Oy - I feel you being sick.  Our whole house has a nasty upper resp. infection and we're miserable!

I have to tell you, this post has me looking into lowline jerseys.  I've always said I'd buy milk, but Ben mentioned that his DAD would really enjoy milking (being retired) so once we move to Indiana it might work perfectly to have a little milk cow.  Tee hee.  After all, with two kids, we're going to be going through a LOT of milk every week, I just realized. 
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 09:02:25 PM »
Kate I thought you and Ben only had a daughter ?
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 09:07:57 PM »
LOL!  Daughter and son - Carrie is 2 1/2 and Ike is now nearly 10 months.  Here's Ike (eating something messy, naturally, a couple months ago).
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 09:22:35 PM »
Oh my goodness, there sits another heart breaker.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

sanderterry2

• New to fourm -0- posts
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 10:03:02 PM »
What a cutie pie! 
Sandie                                                              Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Member of NDGA, AGS
sanderterry@gmail.com
www.lilhillfarm.com

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »
He is soo sweet  :loveface:
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 05:07:21 PM »
He is such a dollbaby!!!!!  :loveface:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com