Author Topic: Rosie is home!!!!!  (Read 50136 times)

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
Rosie is home!!!!!
« on: October 19, 2007, 06:35:49 PM »
 :jumpjoy: :whoohoo: :reddancer: :whoohoo: :jumpjoy: I am just to happy right now. We went to get my girl today. She wasn't the easiest to load LOL!!! But she made it!!! Here is some pics of her here. Our Mini Spirit chased her around the field so we had to shut the gate. It was funny but poor girl she didn't think it was. I am like a kid at Christmas.  :jumpjoy:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

sanderterry2

• New to fourm -0- posts
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Re: Rosie is home!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 06:50:32 PM »
What a pretty girl.  Congratulations!   :newclap:
Sandie                                                              Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Member of NDGA, AGS
sanderterry@gmail.com
www.lilhillfarm.com

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:52:24 PM »
She is so cute
I love the white muzzle
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 07:19:52 PM »
Ah  beautiful   I envy you sooooooooo much!!
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 07:51:42 PM »
 :udder: :udder: :whoohoo: :itsagirl: I started laughing when I read that the mini was chasing her ...she has no idea what that is, probably never seen a horse or a little horse before....  :smily961: They will get used to each other and then get along after a while...I cant wait to bring Maggie in but she wont be brought in till January and she will freshen in March...Hopefully they have rebred her for you...  :whoohoo: :itsagirl:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 10:19:33 PM »
Woohoo, congratulations, she is beautiful, and all yours!! Too bad you can't graft those bottle babies on to her.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 01:20:28 AM »
:jumpjoy: Thank you everyone. Yes Kathy Spirit thought he was King poop on turd island. It was funny!! I had to hand milk her tonight YUK!!!! Sean is going to get my milker set up in the barn tomarrow. Nic I really do not want them on her though it would make life allot easier for us. I bet the boys would need no coaxing to latch on either. And she is such a sweet girl that I wouldn't be surprised if she let them. Sondra I never wanted a cow. LOL!! This girl just stole my heart!! That face just makes me melt.  :loveface:  I am so excited about making my own butter. And not have to pay almost 4.00 a gal for milk. Sean still is not on board with the whole cow thing yet. LOL!! Though he thought it was hilarious when I slipped in cow poo and almost fell.  :hehe:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 05:23:40 PM »
She's very pretty, for a cow!  I like Jerseys because of the City Slickers movie,  :hehe:.  But there's something classic about the Holsteins, too.

Ben's trying to talk me into cows, bless his heart...I just dunno.  For one...eating a pet?  (cause you know pretty much anything you have to feed you wind up naming)  For two...milking something every day.  Oy.  I'd rather be lazy and pay the $4! 
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 08:31:02 PM »
well we are going to raise some calves but they certainly won't be named as they are strickly for eating.   Don't name the little bucks that are going to be sausage either.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 09:53:11 PM »
Well I hope she is a easy milker and no I dont think I woould put the boys on her either...depending on her age it wouldnt be a good idea...plus she only has 2 quarters and thats basically not enough...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 03:58:02 PM »
Well since I brought her home Brittney and I have been hand milking.  :smily961: She is not easy to milk. She is a good girl but man it took forever. Sean and I could not get the milker running. I wanted to scream.  :hehe: Well we got it going and I got to milker in more than half the time.  :newclap: :newclap: Though we have to bring her to the garage to do it. That is a long walk from the barn.  :hehe: But it beats hand milking.

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 04:55:35 PM »
How much did you get?
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 05:19:48 PM »
About a gal and half. It became calf milk because I was so excitted I didn't wash the can out before I started. LOL!!! It had some dirt from sitting. Tonights milking will be for us. Sean walked into the field and she followed him everywhere. so he decided to run back up the field and she ran behind him when he stoped she did. It was way to cute. And also the one quarter she just lost. I have been miuking it for a few weeks well I have been milking it everytime I go in with her and I am proud to say that it nolonger looks like yellow water it is looking like milk. Though from them not milking that quarter out for awhile the milk is very low in that quarter. But I am going to continue to milk that one out By hand on the ground and hope that when she freshens she will be 3 quarters instead of two.  :newclap:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 05:27:26 PM by Yorkielover »

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 05:24:57 PM »
It is very cute, and the best way I know to teach her to chase people-sometimes they stop, somtimes they don't.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 05:31:58 PM »
 :smily961: Yep Nic Sean and I already talked about not doing it. And working around cows I know that they sometimes will run you over  but at the time It was cute. But I agree with you.  :icon_biggrin:

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 05:46:40 PM »
get some genemyocin(sp) and dry cow to infuse that bad quarter when you dry her up.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 06:06:28 PM »
Heck, if it isn't producing, you could treat now.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 06:30:57 PM »
Sondra I did get three tubes of Tomarrow to infuse her when I go to dry her up. I could get some today and try to treat it now. Nic I could treat her now but would have to throw her milk away for I believe for 3 days. I am in alittle bit   :shocked: That the bad quarter is starting to produce something more than the yellow water colored stuff she has had for about 2 months or more. Boy wouldn't the people I bought her off of just crap to find out that she may become a 3 quarter cow. Ohwell they gave up on it. I just kept milking it out everytime I worked I figured what would it hurt. Hoping it comes back.  :icon_biggrin:

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 08:08:58 PM »
you only have to worry abt throwing out that quarter which you are doing anyway.   I would treat while your milking it out.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 09:22:23 AM »
Update on the milking. Now that the milker is up and running I am in heaven except for having to get up a half hour earlier than I usually do.  :hehe: It takes a half hour start to finish That is also staining the milk and cleaning the equipment. Rosie is giving us a gal and Half a milking. Sean bought me my cream separator so we are now freezing the milk until I have enough to run it through the cream separator and make my first batch of butter. Right now I am having a time finding a farmer to sell me a round bale of Hay silage. And Alfalfa is not an option due to not having enough rain here. No one is selling it. I couldn't even find it for the goats this yr. So they are on Alfalfa pellets. So at this moment I am soaking Alfalfa cubes in water and trying to get her to eat this. Hopefully I can find a farmer that would be willing to sell me a round bale or two and just ration it. just to make her happy. Other than that I love having her.And I think Sean is starting to like her more. I knew that sweet face would get to him. LOL!! I still have not treated that quarter I am still milking it out There is not much in it at all. I have to go in town to get something to treat it and have not had the time. 

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 11:37:19 AM »
Congrats on the milking  getting easier.
you are so busy it had to be a blessing to get the milker up and going.
I can ask around here for you if you want ,about the round bale. does it have to be something special ?
I'm not sure what hay siliage is.
www.rockstarhoops.com
Southwestern PA

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 12:13:40 PM »
Debi I know what a blessing it is to have the milker going. When I was milking the goats it wasn't hard at all by hand milking. But Rosie was a different story LOL!! Thats allot of cramped hands.  :smily961: She has small teats so it was like milking a big goat with allot more milk. Hay silage is what some call wet hay. It is alfalfa baled in a round bale while it is still wet. Then it is wrapped in plastic. Cows love it and it helps get more milk production out of them. Not that we need more milk but the reg hay and grain is not making her happy at all and she cries even after you give her the hay. I feel so bad she is used to it and I hate that I can not give her some. I would appreciate it if you could ask around. I may advertise to see if I can find some. Its like pulling teeth around here to find hay and Alfalfa. Sean and I are going to put the field across the road in Alfalfa so we can have it for my goaties and for Rosie. Hopefully in the Spring for a fall cutting, for our first year.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:19:12 PM by Yorkielover »

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 12:41:11 PM »
That's awesome, 3 gallons a day, sure hope you have lots of freezer room.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 05:17:27 PM »
We have a small freezer that is empty for the milk. Yep 3 gal is more than I thought I would get.  :hehe: If she happens to get back the other quarter when she freshens we are going to have lots of butter. Right now the boys are getting about half of it so that works out just fine. But when they are off the milk. I will have more than I need. LOL!! I have to laugh I went over to give her her afternoon feed and she thought it was time to get out to be milked.  :smily961: She kept walking out of the stall and going to the gate turning around and mooing at me. Then she would walk back in the stall and moo. and then back to the gate. She is very demanding. I love it!! 

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 05:19:54 PM »
 :smily961: I can't wait to meet her
www.rockstarhoops.com
Southwestern PA

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 11:01:19 PM »
OH  dear I am just gona have to get me one!!   just think no pasturizing of milk to bottle feed all my babies  / icecream  /cheese   tons and tons of soap.  butter.    yummy.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 12:24:44 AM »
Hey Sondra my cow Maggie is due to freshen in March...dont know what she will have but if its a heifer we can see what we can do...but You might find 1 there, but you know Randy will be headed down in April...I will let ya know what she has... the calf will be 1/2 jersey and 1/2 Brangus.
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 12:42:17 AM »
woo   keep me posted.     spose she'll produce half/half then?
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 11:18:07 AM »
I have her last heifer and she is due also in March and she will be 2 in Feb she looks angus but has the features of the jersey...I dont know what Maggie will do this year but I plan on taming this 1 to halter lead and milk also if its a heifer as this other 1 came with Maggie when we got her and she was to old to train...I will let ya know...sorry Deanna didnt mean to hijack your thread...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Kathy I do not mind.  :icon_biggrin: Sondra hope you can get one of Kathys girls or find one around your area. You know even if you find a good two quarter cow to milk would probably be a good cow for you. and alittle cheeper on your budget. 3 gals a day out of Rosie. I think is a good amount for what we are going to do with it. They sent 7 more two quarter cows to the sale barn.  :icon_cry: Only one was not very good to milk. The rest were good girls.