Author Topic: Pictures of my soon to be new girl!!  (Read 8921 times)

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
Pictures of my soon to be new girl!!
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:11:12 PM »
Sorry about them being hard to see. This is the girl I have fell in love with. She loves to be scratched!!! Jess took pictures with her phone and they were not that good. But I had to show my girl off. First cow that ever licked me in the side of the face.  :loveface: I named her Rosie.
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Pictures of my soon to be new girl!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 11:32:34 PM »
She is beautiful!! I had to download and lighten the pciture, but it was well worth it, what a girl.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 11:42:59 PM »
Thank you Nic. She is a big baby. She loves her face scratched. This girl is going to be mine. She licks my arm while I am cleaning her and putting on the milker. Sean and Britt think I am nuts for wanting this cow but I can not imagine her not being here at our farm.  :smily961: Need I say Sean is not really happy with me right now for making arrangment to buy this cow.  :smily961: Sorry again for the pics
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 11:49:15 PM »
OMG, I missed the part about you buying her!!! Congratulations, you have loved this girl for quite a while! :whoohoo: :reddancer: :whoohoo:
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 12:03:18 AM »
 :hehe: Yep this is the girl. She is a two quarter cow and they are selling all two quarter cows to make room for new girls. I feel that the two quartars she has is going to be enough milk for us to drink and I would like to make butter. Sean is not happy at all with my decision on this but I will not let her go anywhere else. It may be a little while before I get her. But I just love this girl!!! And Yes  :whoohoo: :whoohoo: :reddancer: :reddancer: :whoohoo: :whoohoo: I am like a kid at Christmas!! LOL!!! 

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 01:45:23 AM »
She looks alot like my maggie Moo...I will show you her picture and she is a sweety too...Yep she looks more Jersey than anything is she full Jersey , I know with age they produce less milk but thats ok she will do good for you and make lots of good old butter and its so sweet too...I love it, I used to use a quart jar but found a hand crank churn and it sure does a great job...here is my Maggie aint she a sweety...  :hehe: I love your Rosie also...got to love 'em
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Pepper

• Mega Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 03:10:39 AM »
She is beautiful! Now I have to ask, do you really like the cow kisses?   :hehe:  I've been kissed a few times by cows, boy does that feel wierd and those wet noses...they sure are cute tho   :laugh:
Karen

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 09:26:28 AM »
Oh she is beautiful  and don't blame you at all for getting her.  Just think if you have to bottle feed you have ready milk available and no pasturizing. Oh and to have cream  would just make my day. :newclap:
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 09:40:05 AM »
Thank you all I think she is beautiful. Kathy Maggie is a really pretty girl. and yes Rosie is a full blooded Jersey. And  :hehe: at first I didn't like the feeling of being licked now I am so used to it. It doesn't bother me one bit. Sondra I can not wait to try making butter. Sean and I bought a electric butter churn.   

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 10:30:59 AM »
 :hehe: Cheater  :hehe: naaa just joking ...Glad you will get to do it ...yep I love my girl and yes have had many cow kisses and it does take some getting used to but when you have as many as we do it dont take to long ...just keep fingers back when feeding them, very sharp teeth...  :hehe: I thought so because of her color and I cant wait till you get her...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 11:46:12 AM »
She sure is a beauty Deanna....good for you.  Glad you are getting your girl.
I love to make my own butter also.  But I just use my kitchen-aid stand mixer...takes me about 12 minutes to make a fresh bowl o' butter....ummm....we've really gotten spoiled.  Havent bought store butter in a long time!

OK, here's my question...she's a two quarter cow?   Meaning only two quarter's of her udder is producing???? 
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:51:23 AM »
Yes only two quarters are milkable. She lost her other two quarters. Which is fine for us because she produces enough milk for us to make butter with and still have some to drink. I will be getting her this weekend!!!  :jumpjoy:  :jumpjoy: Sean is not pleased with my decision at all. But knows he will not win this Battle. I respect his opinions and Him but this cow is the most loveable girl and a face that melts my heart. Chances are if she would go to the sell barn she may go for meat. And my heart and mind will not let that happen not to such a sweet animal. I am just to excitted!!!  :hehe:  :jumpjoy:

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »
 :newclap: Well not much longer till Rosie comes home and she is yours....I am feeling the excitement already...I know when I went to get Maggie I could hardly stand it ...yep they are such sweeties...  :hug2_202:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers