Author Topic: Banded 9 little stinkers  (Read 5441 times)

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
Banded 9 little stinkers
« on: September 30, 2007, 03:46:51 PM »
Well just got thru banding 9 6 mth old calves and man am I tired...I had Randy chase them into the squeeze chute and then I gave them their tetnus shots and then proceded in putting on the bands and tightening them up ...we have the Calicrater banding gun for calves and bulls...Big gun too ...it can be a challenge but if done right you dont get hurt...I only got kicked on the hand which is good as it could of been my head...had to take off my glasses so I can see up close...Randy would tell them it was going to be ok...I said if its so OK why dont you change places with them...  :hehe: He said NOPE, NO WAY  and NOHOW..  :smily961: HE wont do the banding I do as he just cant seem to want to reach down there and grab them mountain oysters...  :hehe: You should see his face when I have the gun going I think he just doubles over...what a sight it is ... He said its a womans job to grab those...as bull to guy just dont sit well in his book...SISSY  :smily961: :hehe: :smily961: Like the bull calf could tell.......
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
Re: Banded 9 little stinkers
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »
 :smily961: Sounds like you were a busy girl. Yep Sean told Brittneys boyfriend that if he didn't watch himself we would use the goat bander on him. You should of seen the kids face.  :lololol:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 12:23:02 AM »
 :lololol:  :hehe:  :smily961:
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 01:19:44 AM »
 :smily961:
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 11:00:02 AM »
 :smily961: I can just see it now...my oldest was here when we had the vet out a few years ago to castrate some calves and all he could do is double over watching...now we do it the other way with the Big Bands and this gun makes my goat banding gun look small...Yep had quite a few boys this year and still have 1 more to go but he is still to young to do... This was really the first time Randy watched also...Yep its alot of work but you get more for them at the sale barn when they have been done than if they are ran thru as bull calves...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »
Kathy our used to be neighbor  that raised beef cattle always went out the day they were born and banded.  Is that not really possible or good to do?  Maybe he was cutting but I was sure he said banding.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 07:55:11 PM »
If you band them too soon then you have to do a growth implant...we wait till they are 6 mths old before we band ours...I dont do it when they are young because if you dont do the implant they just dont get very big...this way we market them as organic beef or hormone implant free...better for the body this way...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 08:26:43 PM »
I love it, I learn something new on here all the time. Thanks Kathy
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 10:50:50 AM »
Well I have been around cattle all my life and try my best to help others ...this is just the way I was taught...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers