Author Topic: New additions to the farm!  (Read 5366 times)

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
New additions to the farm!
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:48:12 AM »
Well these are Seans new babies. Two jersey calf's Raised for meat. No names will these guys have and I am staying away as much as possible. LOL!! And yes that is me I just got back from milking the cows. POOP everywhere.  :hehe:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: New additions to the farm!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 01:56:58 AM »
Very, very cute! Staying away are ya?? :lololol:
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 10:41:25 AM »
They are cute but I wouldnt name them either as it makes it easier to eat them...so WHO is going to feed them their bottles??? They sure look young..gonna have to be fed at least 3 to 4 times a day... I cant wait till their horns come in and they give Sean a run for his money...  :hehe: :smily961:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »
AH  they are darling!!  hoping to get a couple in a week or two.  but I am dehorning them   
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 11:15:18 AM »
OMG It's the calf off City Slickers...what was his name???

I'm tellin' ya, I just couldn't do it....I'd go veg for sure.

I thought dairy farmers left the babies with the mothers longer than how old they look?  They look a week or less...but what do I know about cows (uh...yeah...nutin)
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 11:24:26 AM »
The calf on City Slickers was Norman...I remember ! We ahve 10 steers right now and soon to be taking some to the sale barn as we cant eat that many here ...we usually butcher 2 a year and always have plenty left...Got 2 going the 13th of November.
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 12:29:37 PM »
Oh I'll be looking forward to a picnic at the Dickson ranch , Filets on the grill anyone ?     :drool:
Sorry deanna.  :oops:
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Batman

• *Batman*
  • Mega Poster
    • Dicksons Brokenharrow Ranch
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 01:03:26 PM »
These to are only a couple days old. The farm where Deanna milks at lets the babies drink one day and then thats it. We have to bottlefeed twice a day for two weeks and then bucket feed them untill weened. And the names are Dumb and Dumber. And they will be banded and the horns will be burned.
Home of both Registered and Non-registred nigerians and pygmys and other breeds please visit our website at www.brokenharrowranch.com for more information. Located in PA email brokenharrow@windstream.net

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 05:05:55 PM »
Okay Nic laugh at me.  :smily961: I have to feed up to atleast 20 of these little buggers when I milk. As cute as they are. I have no care in the world to become attached. LOL!!! I am not saying it can not happen LMBO. Rem its me.  :hehe: But I am keeping away as much as possible. This is a Sean and Brittneys thing if I have to get involved it will be because of an emergency only. Yep I was in the barn with them and bottle fed them. The thanks I got from the little one was headbutted because I took the milk and he thought He wanted more. It hurts!!  :hehe: Castrated and Dehorned is in thier near future. LOL!! Not forgetting these are bull calfs.  :icon_eek:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 07:10:52 PM »
I know when I bottle fed it was 3 times or more a day and then it went down to almost 1 a day after they hit the 3 1/2 mths old and then they started eating creep feed. If they are that young dont they need to eat more than 2 times a day of have more bottles? I would also give them a electrolyte bottle to if it gets warm. Good luck, I would only castrate them as they will not be needing the horns and thats a expence i wouldnt want to do as its messy with cattle, and alot of work, not like with goats.  Hope you dont have to feed them Deanna or you cant eat them...  :hehe:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 01:17:23 PM »
Well we named the calf's LOL!!! Friends of ours are going half's on raising these two and Tracy and I decided on naming them Sean and Tracy's boyfriend John.  :smily961:  That is so we do not get attached.  :smily961:  :hehe: John has developed Ecoli I have been giving them Terramycin in there milk. His poo smells so bad and is yellow and really runny.  :icon_sad: At the farm I work they have been having problems with the calf's the past week. We figured by getting them soon after they were born they would not have this problem. Well we were wrong!!  If anyone has any suggestions on how to help it would be really appreciated. They are getting fed twice a day Sean gets 2 1/2 pints and John gets 2 pints They get electrolites in there evening milk and also terramycin.

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 02:55:23 PM »
I'll bet the ecoli is coming from the water you use or from the replacer. Try boiling their water for a few days, and use only that while you treat. Lots of time dairys will have ecoli in the well, from it leaching through the soil.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 04:48:09 PM »
Thanks Nic I will try the boiling of the water. I have them on half cows milk and half Milk replacer (Calf manna) Both are active and taking their bottle. Just the awful smelly Poop.