Author Topic: New Horse!  (Read 6501 times)

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
New Horse!
« on: July 09, 2007, 02:29:12 PM »
Meet Sabre T Bueno (Sabre for short), our new horse!  Sabre is a 7 year old registered Quarter Horse mare -we just bought her this weekend so I'd have a 'normal sized' horse to ride.  She's very well bred (am looking into NFQHA certification) and rides well altho she's very very green.  She had her first foal last year, a cremello filly - and was bred for this year to a grulla stallion for a late foal. 
YES!  I'm on foal watch!!

So exciting!
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
Re: New Horse!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 02:56:50 PM »
Wow Kate she is beautiful. Congrats.  :loveface:
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 03:06:45 PM »
Congratulations, she is a beauty.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »
Very pretty congrats!!
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

goat dreamin

• Mega Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 12:36:20 AM »
:loveface: :loveface: :loveface: :loveface: :loveface: :loveface: :loveface: she is BEAUTILFUL!
kate

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 06:21:07 PM »
What a beautiful addition!!
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 09:59:56 AM »
Tomorrow this dumb horse is getting palpated.  She still doesn't look bred, but does have milk.  Either someone got her breeding dates wrong or the milk's hysterical.   :icon_confused:
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

sanderterry2

• New to fourm -0- posts
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 10:59:59 AM »
Beautiful mare! 
Sandie                                                              Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Member of NDGA, AGS
sanderterry@gmail.com
www.lilhillfarm.com

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »
 :smily187: :fit:

She's not bred.  Never was.  Vet thinks all my good (and very expensive) mare & foal feed, alfalfa hay and mare supplements brought her milk in.

The lady I bought her from sold her as confirmed in foal.  I threw a fit.  She then admitted that she had never had her checked safe in foal.  Offered me a free breeding to her fugly bay roan stallion.  I passed.

SO...Sabre's undersaddle training starts in earnest!
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 06:56:01 PM »
Sorry, guess she is supposed to have a foal later on.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 12:14:21 AM »
Oh am sorry but guess you'll be getting her past the green broke stage :icon_lol:
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 11:13:35 AM »
You betcha!  Already started!  LOL My vet, after palpating her, patted her on the butt and said, "Welcome to the riding life my girl", 'cause she knew I'd be on that like bees on honey!

Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 12:55:20 PM »
Beautiful mare.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

benjam1

• helmstead
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 10:52:11 PM »
Today:

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 10:54:19 PM »
How old is she?
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 11:41:47 AM »
She's 7. 

Ben got some flat pics of her school yesterday, too - this is only her 2nd ride with me - I've got to say I'm impressed with Quarter Horses now...it takes your average WB or TB many more sessions to understand vertical flexion and giving to the bit.  She's already nearly rolling peanuts...
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 12:06:02 PM »
Yep, there is nothing like a Quarter horse to train, I've got to say, I've done Arabians, WB, TB, and Saddlebreds, and when it comes to a willingness to please (if you know how to ask) Quarter horses lead the pack.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

sanderterry2

• New to fourm -0- posts
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 04:45:31 PM »
Quarter horses rule!  Oops, sorry, got carried away.  I've only trained and shown Quarter horses in English and Western pleasure so I'm prejudiced, but they are my favorite breed.  Your mare is beautiful. 
Sandie                                                              Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Member of NDGA, AGS
sanderterry@gmail.com
www.lilhillfarm.com