Author Topic: Marcie - Then & Now  (Read 4627 times)

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
Marcie - Then & Now
« on: April 24, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »
We purchased Marcie back when she was two years old.  She was an unhandled, underfed phobic.  This March, she turned six.  I had her out the other day for a quick ride...and had to take some pics with benjam1's phone.  I can't believe what a beauty this mare has become!  And so much fun to ride, to boot!

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/aquarian0849/horses/?action=view&current=1177189632.pbw
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
Re: Marcie - Then & Now
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »
Wow she is beautiful.
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

goat dreamin

• Mega Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 06:01:16 PM »
she is sooooooo beautiful!!!!
kate

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 06:40:31 PM »
This is a before and after shot??!!??!! It doesn't look like the same horse, you have done a woderful (the word doesn't hardly describe) job getting her into shape. Man, what is like night and day.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »
Well thanks all.  I bought her just thinking she had a good bone structure and I could breed her for some good open jumpers.  I like riding her so well, I'll hate breeding her because she'll be unrideable for a few months!  LOL!

Think that's an impressive turnaround?  Look at benjam1's horse, Talker.  We 'rescued' him a couple years ago.  These pictures are just 8 months apart.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:56:05 PM by helmstead »
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

goat dreamin

• Mega Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 07:26:13 PM »
wow ! they all look really good
kate

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:40:19 PM »
Incredible, and the increased muscle tone is awesome. Why, oh why do people have horses and not feed them.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
They are both beautiful..great job!
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.