Author Topic: I'll Show Ya Mine...!  (Read 8751 times)

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
I'll Show Ya Mine...!
« on: March 29, 2007, 03:59:16 PM »
If you'll show me yours  :eek:

My DH, Benjam1, is the goat guy.  I'm a horsie girl.  So, I get to show off my horses and he can show off his goats  :hehe:

We currently have 4 horses:
Miss Vickie Love, a 21 year old solid chestnut Appaloosa mare
Marceille (Marcie), a 6 year old dapple grey Percheron mare
Sweet Talker, a 15 year old fleatbitten grey Arab/Paso gelding
Sam I Am, a near yearling buckskin AMHA colt

Here's a link to their slideshow - from early March so they're all fuzzy:
http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/aquarian0849/horses/?action=view&current=1173064944.pbw

You can see their extended bios at our website
www.helmsteadstables.com
under the stables page

Okay - show me yours!!
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
Re: I'll Show Ya Mine...!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 01:05:20 AM »
I have 5 horses and 1 donkey.they are so different its crazy
I have: 1 7 yrs old registered Arabian mare- Psyche
           1- 6yr gelding Appaloosa - Rain
           1- bay mare   - Blue   because she has a blue eye    not sure her age
           1- Paint gelding     Hawk      old barrel/cutting horse   retired but still wants too
           1- 3 yr old  Red Line Dune Gelding    - Rusty
           and then there is Jack    4 yr old Donkey

I will have to get some more pictures of them when they are not so muddy. Nice looking horses kate and tell Ben we are pulling for LG to get better too....We love our goats and horses and cows and chickens and everything we have as pets... here are some of the horses, the last picture is or the paint, bay and the dune

Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 11:07:51 PM »
Ok here is everyone but my Morgan Mare Shasta the only pic I had of her was really dark. So at least heres Sunny (Arabian/quarter) and my daughter Britt, The other is Seans horse Master(Tenn walker) and the last is my Mini Spirit and Sean giving him lovings.  :hehe:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 11:19:30 PM by Yorkielover »
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 11:17:14 PM »
Great Horses Deanna...Your have some really nice looking horses and your daughter is So Pretty ...Yes Britt...You are a very Pretty Young Woman...I love the little paint we had a little stud mini and his name was Thunder cause if he got out at night thats what it sounded like ...we sold him about a yr ago...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

goat dreamin

• Mega Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 11:24:33 PM »
wow they are all beauitful horses...i got two but no pictures sorry
kate

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 11:27:08 PM »
Thanks ! Kathy and Kate You have some really pretty horses also. The horses are Britt and Sean's thing I do have a horse I love her but to ride I really would rather be in the field with the goats.  :hehe: The mini Spirit is my little guy. He is so spoiled its not even funny!!! As for Brittney being a pretty girl  I think so she looks like her dad and unfortunately acts like him to.  :hehe: Kate do youlike to ride. My daughter lives to ride.  :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 12:41:07 AM by Yorkielover »
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 11:30:47 PM »
I know what you mean Randy has 2 girls by his first marrage and then we have 2 sons the ages are 31, 26, 23, & 21 talk about growing up fast they sure do...We have been married 24 1/2 yrs ...time flies and yes they are daddy's girls...the boys are so differnt 1 is like me and the other ??? he does his own thing ...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 11:33:57 PM »
Wow Deanna your horses are beautiful. I love to ride but horses are soooooo much work and expensive.
What a great looking family  :goodidea:
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 11:39:11 PM »
Debi you are not joking about expensive!! If it wasn't for Britt I don't think we would have the big horses but she loves them. Its her job to take care of them. And she does so I do not complain.  :icon_biggrin: Kathy Britt is our only one she will be 17 this year. They grow up way to fast!! But she is Daddys girl and no joke about her acting like her dad!!  :hehe:

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 11:46:28 PM »
Well our youngest lives with us and he has the 2 boys I have listed...they keep me hopping and they are my little helpers...they give me alot of pleasure, they horses were my I dea too and just cant bring myself to sell them either...Yes they are a expensive hobby, but its just money...  :hehe: I love them as much as I love my goats...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

helmstead

• Mega Poster
    • Helmstead Stables
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 12:46:42 AM »
Thanks for sharing all!

Yup, I live to ride, too - never outgrew it like my mother (AND husband!) had hoped.  I started riding back when I was 8 and never looked back :-).  Hope to be involved professionally with horses again someday instead of it being our expensive hobby!

I love Appaloosas BTW they are a close runner up to TBs.  Rain is very foundation-looking!

Our daughter is JUST like my DH!  People say she's him only in a dress!
Kate
Helmstead Stables
Alfordsville, IN
www.helmsteadstables.com

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 12:55:12 AM »
Well your daughter is a doll baby!! And I went to your website and congrats on the beautiful baby boy!! My daughter rode my horse this morning and I guess Shasta had differant plans.  :hehe: She was a tad bit stubborn.  :hehe: Its been all winter since she was rode so. I think she would of been happy not being rode all summer either.  :hehe:

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 12:56:56 AM »
Looks like she is learning , and having a good time, I never out grew it either and I'm 49 and have been riding since I was 2 and still going strong.....Yep rain is a great riding horse. I just ride trails and around the home out in the pastures, dont do the barrels anymore either....getting up in years and figured its better to stop while I am still walking and not getting hurt anymore...But I love my goats and horses too...they are my babies and I just love animals... Yep look forward to it drying out so I can get them in the round pen and work the winter out of them ...they are all a bit frisky from not being ridden all winter...Im ready...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers