Author Topic: I'm wore smooth out...lol  (Read 21623 times)

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: I'm wore smooth out...lol
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 02:13:42 PM »
I agree Kathy, those donkeys do not make the best herd guardians, they are cool to look at but from what I hear on this forum, and from my vet, a lot of goats loose their lives to donkeys and horses each year.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »
All that run with the goats is roosters...   :hehe: and my grandson when he gets to go outside and play. That is his favorite thing to do is go play with the goats...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
    • www.brokenharrowranch.com
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 12:51:06 AM »
 :icon_biggrin: We have a Llama in our herd. Everytime I go to do anything to the goats shes in my face trying to see if I am hurting them.  :hehe: As for the cow thing. My daughter horse Sunny is very agressive to any thing that goes into the herd I think he would Beat and bite the crap out of a cow. I believe Nic is right about not putting the cows in with the horses. At least at my house. Chaty you have your hands full.  :icon_biggrin:   
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2007, 02:58:52 PM »
Yep its a challenge let me tell ya, but I love it and sometimes Iget lucky too...so far so good... need a face shield when you worm the Llama..  :hehe: if not you will be regular soon too  :hehe:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2007, 12:24:58 AM »
Well is been another busy day for me today, just got thru around 7:15  from delivering a new little or should I say big bull calf, his name is Pogo and he is the 6th bull we have had this year and the boys are winning cause we now have 6 bulls and 1 heifer...at least I dont have to worry what we will be doing with him ...in a few months he will be off to the sale barn...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2007, 12:33:49 AM »
Kathy how many more do you have to go? Not going to eat that one !!  :hehe:
Home of Nigerian Dwarfs and Many.. Many... more loved animals. www.brokenharrowranch.com

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2007, 12:37:33 AM »
I think I have at leat 10 more to go this year and the last should be here around August or September....no we just keep what we sell and the reast go to the sale barn....so looks like so far there 2 will be at least 3 on their way ...3 or more will be sold for meat and the rest who knows...as long as it makes me MONEY!! I make money either way....YIPEE  :hehe:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »
Well went out to feed this morning and looked an the cow thats due at anytime was down in the pasture ...I go check and she is just getting started...I have time to feed the others...Well she started pushing and the calf presented with 1 foot only...Im thinking "Train Wreck" well she pushed and pushed and finally gave me enough leg to help and then got hte head out and it took some wrangling to get the other leg out but when it finally did it was WHOOOOOOSH he was out in seconds....Ype thats right another bull calf...I stayed there for a while just to make sure the other front leg that was tucked way back in did work...Gave him his A.S.A.P.  I give this to all the calves when they are born it works so fast its unreal he was barely 20 minutes ld and was already getting his legs under him and getting up...last yer not so lucky to get them to nurse...Well his legs are all working now and he is a nursing fool.....  :newclap: I am so glad he is OK... thats been most of my day today... I"m wore out again....
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2007, 10:38:12 PM »
Congrats on a great save,   :newclap:
Sorry about it being another bull calf and  :icon_frown:
What the heck is ASAP  :icon_question:
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2007, 11:21:17 PM »
It is a colostrum that I have started giving and it works Great ...I am going to have it for the goats too..its instantly absorbed thru the tongue and goes straight to the brian and the stomach...I have see a real difference with it this year with the calves...I dont have to sit forever for them to get up and nurse and this will help get them going faster...I love it... Its colostrum in a tube...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »
 :newclap: Congrats on the bull calf!  :icon_biggrin: Kathy where did you get the ASAP. I Got Colostrum oral gel on hand just in case its made for goats. It is a small tube with 3 doses in it. If it helps and I can get a bigger tube of it I think I would use it on all of them.   :icon_biggrin:

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2007, 11:56:35 PM »
I get it from Jeffers and it is made fot goats too...I love the stuff, it is wonderful... I wont be without it any more...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007, 12:19:34 AM »
Is it called A.S.A.P? got on Jeffers to check it out and cliked on colostrum. LOL!! theres alot of differant  kinds. What kind do you use and how do you find it when looking?  :icon_question:  :icon_question:  :icon_question:  I'm full of them.  :hehe:

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007, 12:24:46 AM »
Its called A.S.A.P. Nursemate    thats what i have and i get the 1's for goats and the 1's for calves. Hope this helps some...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2007, 01:24:53 AM »
 :oops: :oops: My Bad I found it finally at www.valleyvetsupply.com   thats where I got it under colostrum. its called Nursemate A.S.A.P. 
OK ....I was having a Blonde moment...  :oops: Please forgive me...its been a long day...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 11:22:09 AM by Chaty »
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers

Yorkielover

• "Deanna" Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Goat Wrassler
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2007, 05:30:29 PM »
 :smily961:   :smily961: I checked last night and could not find it on Jeffers!  :hehe: I figured maybe they just stopped selling it. Thats ok we are all aloud blond moments!!  :hehe:

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2007, 06:11:30 PM »
Hey I resemble that remark, once and a while  :hehe:
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2007, 07:23:09 PM »
Nothin wrong with a Blonde moment it gets me out of trouble alot....thats what my FIL calls me anyway and has since I met Randy...Dumb Blonde... :smily961: :smily961: I know he loves me cause he never called Randys ex anything but ...whats her name... at least he remembers my name...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers