Author Topic: Emu?  (Read 7074 times)

Meshale

• Victorian Hill Farms
  • Mega Poster
Emu?
« on: March 07, 2006, 12:11:59 AM »
Hey all anyone have any??..LOL....we are incubating an egg right now....from what i understand they make a good herd protectors...any input??? :icon_wink:
Victorian Hill Farm home of: Nigerian Dwarf and LaMancha Dairy Goats, all ADGA registered, as well as % Grade Boers! 
I am also now making my own goat milk soaps and lotions!
We are located in Carthage, Missouri
www.victorianhillfarms.com
www.midamericagoatdays.net
Michelle Logan

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Emu?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 02:07:27 AM »
I don't know about herd protectors, but they scare the whillies out of horses.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Meshale

• Victorian Hill Farms
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 11:39:03 AM »
LOL..i'd be more worried about my Emu.....LOL.....my gelding is sure he is the biggest thing there is!!LOL....if it even hatches..he would be introduced as a baby to everything....so the horses and goats..and everybody else could get used to him and vise versa*S*
Victorian Hill Farm home of: Nigerian Dwarf and LaMancha Dairy Goats, all ADGA registered, as well as % Grade Boers! 
Michelle Logan

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 03:03:03 PM »
Years ago I had my stallion boarded down the road from an Emu farm. This boy was afraid of nothing, absolutely noting (or so I thought,) ya see I did his training, and he was sacked out until the cows came home. Then reintroduced to things that could spook him, just to be on the safe side. Anyway, we are having a leisurely ride down the road one day and came to the Emu farm, this big boy all but jumped out of his skin, backed himself right into a ditch and stood there snorting at the monster birds on the other side of the road. We made it through all of this, finished our ride, and then went back to the boarding facility, were I talked to the owners about our experience. They said, all of the horses that had been taken past the Emu farm freaked, most before they could ever see the birds, because they smelled them
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Meshale

• Victorian Hill Farms
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 06:17:25 PM »
They could smell em and not figure it out..ahhhhh...yaaa....well i will have to keep you updated if this thing hatches..LOL.....the guy my dad bought the egg from has his emu's in with his sheep and horses..and all the other fowl..LOL....he said as long as they are introduced early..they will be ok...LOL...but my luck this thing will hatch and it will truely be the one Monster bird!!!LOL..... :icon_twisted:
Michelle Logan

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 10:09:50 PM »
Well don't get him mad at you, cause those things can kick and gore you like nobody's business.  I have a rooster right now that is getting his just rewards tonight for doing that to me everytime I walk out and this evening I beat him in the head with a big shop broom twice and this I went on past thinking all was well for a while at least.   The darn thing ran after me while I was not looking and nabbed me from behind.  That did it. He is soup.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

Meshale

• Victorian Hill Farms
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 12:09:12 AM »
I told my dad if that thing is mean we are gonna have the BIGGEST Thanksgiving "turkey" ever!!!LOL :drool:
Michelle Logan

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 12:26:21 AM »
Hope you like dark meat, cause I hear that is all Emus have.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Meshale

• Victorian Hill Farms
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 05:46:20 PM »
Well it's moms Fav!!LOL :laugh:
Michelle Logan

woody11

• Intermediate Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 07:30:23 PM »
Sondra we had a rooster that attacked my daughter twice and tried to come at me a few times.  It was my son's 4-h project and let me tell ya as soon as 4-H was over he became his name which was "chicken noodle soup"  He never tried anything with my son he was very sweet to him it was just us girls.
Julie
Pygmy goats
and the Nubian