Author Topic: Horse Illnesses...  (Read 6453 times)

nicagurl

• Intermediate Poster
    • Barnyard Talk
Horse Illnesses...
« on: January 11, 2006, 09:48:34 PM »
Please list all the illnesses that horses can get. No injuries, just illnesses right now.

Thanks in advance...

Strangles
Colic
Equine Flu

List the ones that havent been used yet.
Nicagurl
*~Amy~*
Silent Dreams Miniature Goats

:bedtime:

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 03:22:28 AM by Nicollett »
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
Re: Horse Illnesses...
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 07:13:29 PM »
Amy is one of your horses sick??  GEEZE I hope not.  Haven't seen you on for a few days so am worried.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

msscamp

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 12:37:30 AM »
Please list all the illnesses that horses can get. No injuries, just illnesses right now.

Thanks in advance...

Strangles
Colic
Equine Flu

List the ones that havent been used yet.

Well, the ones that come to mind immediately are:

Infectious Equine Anemia (I believe this is what the Coggins test is for, but I could be wrong)
Eastern and Western Encephalitis - spelling isn't right, but it's Sleeping Sickness
West Nile

There are also at least a dozen more that I can't remember the names of.  Is one of your horses sick, or are you just looking to expand your knowledge?  Hopefully it's the latter.  :icon_smile: 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:39:54 AM by msscamp »

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 12:55:59 AM »
msscamp...this is an old thread that is dated January '06...dont see where she ever responded to Sondra's question. Hmmmm...
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.

msscamp

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 12:59:42 AM »
Oops!  My bad, and sorry about that.   :oops:  I didn't even think to check dates, thanks for pointing that out Simply Blessed.

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 01:10:56 AM »
lol...we've all been there and done that!  Not to worry.  Glad to have you with us.   :hug2_202:
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking.  Heads you win, tails you lose.