Author Topic: EGGS!! WOO HOO!  (Read 4458 times)

Kayla

• Cajun:)
    • Dixie Dairy
EGGS!! WOO HOO!
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:43:03 PM »
Just wanted to share, I FINALLY have eggs!  The first picture is Rosalie in her lay box, and the next one you can see the eggs!  She laid 14 total, but one was bad.  Hopefully end of May/ beginning of June I'll have 13 wiggly babies!! If anyone wants any, let me know!  :whoohoo:
Anthony and Nathan's mommy. :)  3 cats, 20 snakes + eggs, and Nigerians Athena, Holly, Cajun, Angel, Jubilee, and Mariposa!

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: EGGS!! WOO HOO!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:49:48 PM »
 :clap: :whoohoo: :clap: :congrats:
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 07:01:45 AM »
 :congrats3: :bhs:
Sandie                                             North Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:24:13 AM »
   :clap: :clap:   (I'm behind the couch with Sandie)  So.............if all these eggs hatch, and just suppose you get no takers for the slithery babies - does that mean you just added to your herd? clutch? gaggle? hive? - what DO you call a group of snakes, anyway? 
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

When you come to Christ, you need to give Him everything you are and especially everything you are not.

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:45:17 AM »
The babies are called a "clutch", and a group of snakes is just a group of snakes i guess.... but I call them a "slither of snakes". lol. 

And NO, my mom will tell you.... I did NOT just add to my collection... they must GO.  I do have 3 or 4 homes already.... not sure what to do with the other 10 just yet.  I have a friend who would take them all and help me sell them, but you have first pick!  Great additions to your barn for mouse control!  (not right away... they are only 7 to 10 grams when they hatch :)
Anthony and Nathan's mommy. :)  3 cats, 20 snakes + eggs, and Nigerians Athena, Holly, Cajun, Angel, Jubilee, and Mariposa!

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:58:34 AM »
 :hoot: " Pick of the slither!!" - COOL!!!!!!   :lmao3: :sw:
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

When you come to Christ, you need to give Him everything you are and especially everything you are not.

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 08:14:03 AM »
  - what DO you call a group of snakes, anyway?

An infestation.   :lmao3:
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

Mya

• Mega Poster
  • Ponton Farms CS Tuck
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 09:31:40 AM »
 :lmao3:  Sandie
Misty~Ponton Farm
North Mississippi

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 10:40:28 AM »
"Pick of the slither!" - You are a genius!  That sounds SO cool!

Some snakes have live birth and some lay eggs.  If they are born alive they are called a litter, and eggs are a clutch.  A group of snakes doesnt really have a technical name, because they dont naturally come in large groups like herd animals do, or flocks of birds ect.  When people own a group of snakes they just call it their "collection".   On a rare occasion you find a large group of snakes, I guess just run..... because the only time I have seen it, was on movies right before the either attack or eat someone (snakes on a plane, Indian Jones... ect.)

RedStickLA

• Mega Poster
  • Sandi
    • Bayou Country Nigerians
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 06:06:27 PM »
 :congrats3:  I am also hiding with Sandie and Doreen!  :eek: My son loves snakes but I am terrified of them! When he was little he would always catch them in the summer. I would let him keep one OUTSIDE in an aquarium for the summer then he would release it after summer was over. It always freaked me out to see him playing with it!  :scream:
Mitzi
Bayou Country Nigerians
www.bayoucountrynigerians.com
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana

Sinorejas

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • It's Ollie!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »
  UGH!!!!!!!!!!  Red color, Kayla, in honor of Mama snake.
Doreen Ward,
Farmhand,
Dairy Goat Lover,
Milkmaid

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 11:36:42 PM »
Thanks everyone...  maybe I can bring you a few to be friends with Pharoah, Sandie?!   You hide behind the couch, but have a pet snake in your barn!  I think you secretly like them.  :hehe:

I'm thinking we are gonna need a snake mascot at the goat shows to help everyone get over their fears! 

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 08:25:49 AM »
I already have a snake that has at times come into the barn, so one is just plenty, but thanks anyway.  And no, I don't secretly like them, except when they are dead.  DH has tried to get me to hold one once, and that just is not going to happen ... ever!  He said it would help me get over my fear of them.  Thanks anyway, dear, I am good just staying away from them.
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »
I think it would be cool to have a red snake doing its job around here, but that would be introducing a non-native species, and man could I get in deep trouble for doing that one. So, I'll have to skip the snake thing too, but she sure us pretty.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Kayla

• Dixie Dairy
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »
Are corn / red rat snakes not native to your area?  They are the same thing, just one is captive bred and the other is not.  We had a wild one her same color in our barn! 
Not trying to convince you to take a baby,.... but they are all over the place here, just not normally in the crazy color varieties(like the pinks, purples, and silvers I have. )

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 01:58:16 PM »
I have never seen a "red" snake in Northern California.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats