Author Topic: Well my female p'let must be sterile  (Read 4785 times)

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
Well my female p'let must be sterile
« on: January 10, 2010, 02:06:43 PM »
They breed and breed   have had nest box since May andd still not one egg.
They get a varied diet  including home made recipes and egg yolks  have a cuttle bone they don't touch have a mineral block that male chews on from time to time.   Don't know what else I can do.     Oh and I am sure she is a female :)
Any suggestions to you experienced breeders?    I would think that birds just like chickens would lay eggs even if there was no male.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Re: Well my female p'let must be sterile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
Get some hemp seed and add that to your seed mixture. I ONLY add the hemp when I want babies, because once they are on it, wham, they started sitting.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 02:51:03 PM »
but isn't  sitting and laying two different things?
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 03:07:27 PM »
wonder if hemp oil on their food would help  just a tad,  I have it.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 03:41:02 PM »
Hemp seeds seem to trigger egg production and sitting. I keep the nest box away from the cage unless I want them to make babies, and then add the hemp seeds (I wouldn't use oil) to their diet and walla, it has worked within a week every time.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »
Hope it works for you, Sondra.
Sandie                                             North Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 12:42:31 AM »
Well I drove into town and found som egg stuff with hemp seed in it and some song bird feed that has hemp seed in it so gave them a teas spoon of each.  When I can get over to Whole foods will get some staight hemp.  Been reading that just takes a few seeds abt 3 times a week.  So we'll see.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 01:10:10 AM »
I feed it daily, just a teaspoon top dressed on their seed.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
OH ok I will this then as tis only a few hemp in with lots of others.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

lilhill

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 07:50:38 PM »
 :goodluck:
Sandie                                             North Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
ADGA/AGS/NDGA Registered
www.lilhillfarm.com
sanderterry@gmail.com

The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.  And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.  Proverbs 27:26,27

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 08:15:35 PM »
Thanks hope it works
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 09:00:40 PM »
Just came from Central Market yee gads  those birds better make some eggs now with the cost of those things.  But tis OK at least I got them.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »
 :clap:
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 12:19:19 PM »
Well this pair  still has never laid an egg.   
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 12:36:47 PM »
What is the light situation where the birds are? They need at least 12 hours of light a day, it can be from a lamp, but they have to have the light to want to breed.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 09:03:57 AM »
Oh they have light in fact their cage is on top of the pair that just had the baby.   Am thinking of  separating them for a while and maybe get new mates for them.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX