Author Topic: Farmzoo  (Read 6960 times)

farmzoo

• New to fourm -0- posts
Farmzoo
« on: August 09, 2007, 04:51:14 AM »
  :newclap:  Hi, I'm new here, my first reply.  I have many farm type exotics.  They don't count as strange really unless you take into consideration that the Fallow deer and the Dexter (mini) cow both think they are Great Pyrenees dogs.  They like to play with the dogs and the Fallow still tries to nurse off the old gal that mothered her when I got her 4  ( yes, FOUR) years ago!  I now have a new Fallow baby and she is a dream!  Then there are the three llamas, the male will chase the trailer down the road if we forget to shut the gate when we take the girls to the petting zoos.  We have a Guinea pig that likes to travel with birds, rabbits or kittens and Pygmy goats that think they are humans.  One tiny Pygmy buck had a rattley chest so I brought him in for a few nights and gave him PennG and bottles.  Now he goes out during the day but insists on coming back in at night for his bedtime snack and his breakfast in the morning before going out again.  The catch is, he has never pottied in or on anything except the litter pan.  Why can't I teach my other pets that quick??!  I could go on but for now I'll just say that you have never felt so safe as when you hear your peacocks call at night.  If they honk loud there is trouble but when they yell, Heylp you know all is well.  Sometime I'll tell y'all about the potbellied pig that trashed my house one night after my husband left the back door open and the exotic lambs that call their mommas and carry the note forever  (wish I had that much stamina)!  They are all a joy even when you think you are going to tear your hair out trying to manage them.  Love to you all!

~SimplyBlessed~

• Mega Poster
Farmzoo
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 06:24:09 AM »
Hey Farmzoo.......Welcome.  It sure does sound like a busy place you have.
I would love to see pictures of your Peacocks....Did you buy them as adults or have you have them since they were babies? 
The Good Lord gave you two ends.....one for sitting and one for thinking. Heads you win, tails you lose.

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
Farmzoo
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:30:15 AM »
welcome farmzoo, it seems like you have your hands full at your house. we love to see pictures too.
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

sanderterry2

• New to fourm -0- posts
    • Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Farmzoo
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »
Welcome to GoatTalk.  You'll love it here.  Pictures are always welcome!   :newclap:
Sandie                                                              Alabama
Lil' Hill Farm Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Member of NDGA, AGS
sanderterry@gmail.com
www.lilhillfarm.com

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
Farmzoo
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 12:54:39 PM »
Welcome to GoatTalk, you sound like you have a million stories, and I would love to hear as many as you have time to share.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
Re: Farmzoo
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 07:02:55 PM »
Hi and WELCOME  sounds like you have a very interesting farm and life.  Please tell us more
A2Z Dairy Goats
Mini Mancha/Nubian/LaMancha
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX
http://www.freewebs.com/mldga

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 12:46:11 PM »
 :smileywavey: HI Farmzoo and Wlecome and it sounds like you have as much fun with your critters as we do ours...  :hehe: its never a dull moment either and we all enjoy it so much...come on back and talk and tell your stories as we love to hear them...
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 08:03:27 PM »
Boy do I wish for a Dexter or Mini Jersey  my farm would be complete.
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

Little Farmer Debi

• Debi
  • Mega Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 08:33:48 PM »
What the heck is a Dexter?
I would love to see a mini jersey
www.rockstarhoops.com
Hula hooping goat lover in
Southwestern PA

GoatLover77

• Mega Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 11:34:31 PM »
Welcome Farmzoo. Deb, I don't know what a dexter is, but at our zoo they have a I think brangus mini cows. It is the kind with the hump on their back. We are looking into getting a mini jersey though. It sure is neat.
Lauren
Located In The Heart Of Arkansas

Momma To Stormie & Olivia:
 Stormie:Pygmy
 Olivia:Lamancha/Nigerian Dwarf

Chaty

• Kathy- Goat Wrassler
  • Mega Poster
  • Boo its me!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 12:11:56 AM »
Lauren, the type of cattle you are talking about with a hump on their back is a Brahma, I have a full size Brangus bull and his name is Max...1 thing I can say about him is that he isnt a mine...  :hehe: I havent see any of these mini cattle but I dont think I want 1 as my Jersey is short enough that when I milk her it makes my back hurt... the Dexter cattle are very small is stature, I have enough short stuff here to milk as it is and with my milk cow I am glad she isnt a mini...  :hehe:
Kathy McHorse                                                          
Blue Mound, Kansas
KARO Sunflowers
La Manchas, Nubians & Alpines
Contact- kathy_mchorse@yahoo.com
* And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens. * Proverbs 27:26-27

GoatTalker

• Administrator
  • Mega Poster
  • Built on the word
    • Bowler Farms
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 12:29:36 AM »
Yep, and tell her how destructive cattle can be, and how noisy.
Bowler Farms
www.bowlerfarms.com
e-mail n@bowlerfarms.com
Show Quality Pygmy Goats

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Sondra

• Mega Poster
    • A2Z Dairy Goats
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 09:55:04 PM »
The mini brahma is really called a Zebu
A2Z Dairy Goats
Allcraft Signs & Graphix
a2zdairygoats@yahoo.com
Azle, TX

GoatLover77

• Mega Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 01:44:53 AM »
Well, you guys know more than me of course. We have the Zebu or brahma at our local zoo. I think they are really neat. Probably won't get one in the immediate future, but I would love to own a mini jersey at some point in my life. You know, it was really,really sad to see how poorly the goats are managed at that zoo. I am not the best goat owner by far, but I seriously thought about schooling them.  Malnourished, dull coats, needing hoofs trimmed very badly, & eye gunk. They had the tiny babies in with the bucks(not wethers) & big does that was clearly not their mommas. I couldn't stand it.
Lauren
Located In The Heart Of Arkansas

Momma To Stormie & Olivia:
 Stormie:Pygmy
 Olivia:Lamancha/Nigerian Dwarf